Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

Maks, Renter in Houston, TX

I might get a job offer at Loyola University in Chicago. I am trying to find a good neighborhood where I can rent which has exemplary schools.

Asked by Maks, Houston, TX Wed Nov 14, 2012

I will be moving from Houston. We are family of 4 with 2 kids aged 2 and 8. The 8 year old is my daughter who is qualified as a Gifted-Talented student and goes to Houston school district. I will like to place my daughter in a top elementary school with magnet/GT program. What kind of rent I am looking for - for a 2bed 1.5 bath place?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

7
You will be able to find quality nearby rentals between $1500-$2000/mo. As per schools there are good public and private school options. It's a function of your budget and how far you are willing to commute to work. Should you need any assistance, feel free to contact me.
Maks,

There is wide range of properties available for you, can you email me more specifics and I can email you back what is currently available on the market.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Group Founder

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Locally Known, Globally Recognized"
Maks,

Loyola is at the far north end of the city and within a short commute many quality suburban school districts. If you don't mind the suburbs, they might be a good option. Rents may run in the $2 - 3k.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Maks-

If you are planning on taking the Red line to work it might make sense to live walking distance to the Red/Purple/Brown Line.

This website has a ton of information on the ins and outs of the CPS: http://cpsobsessed.com/the-basics-of-cps/.

Easiest way is to find a good school is find one that your kids can attend if you live within the boundaries of the school. Might cost you a bit more in rent, but it could help you avoid the lottery which could justify some extra rent dollars.

I can help find your rental if you accept the job, please call or email me. Good luck with everything!

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty
Email esachs@rpvinc.com
Cell 773/368-5515
The rent part is the easy part. Expect you can find a nice place for $1200-$1500. The successful negotiation of the Chicago Public School System is a very detailed conversation if you are trying to find the right fit for a child with gifted or accelerated academic potential.

I have children in the CPS system, who have been in gifted programs, and go to top rated Selective enrollment schools. I would be glad to share what I know about navigating the system, so feel free to call or email me.

Dave Hanna
Broker/Partner
Realty Executives Source One & Realty Executives Service
Past President and Realtor of the Year, The Chicago Association of Realtors
"Striving to be the best every day"
Offices in Chicago and the Suburbs, find me at 2125 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL. 60618

Call or text (773) 732-9123
Rents can vary wildly depending on the neighborhood and type of property.....house....condo.....apt. I think you need to do some homework on the schoos first and then look at neighborhoods that are convenient to it. Perhaps try http://www.cps.edu
For schools check out greaterschools.org

For rental price, it depends on what part of the city you want to move to, what type of building, etc. I would suggest getting a good leasing agent. This way you have someone to walk you through the process, at no cost to you.