Rentals in Tampa>Question Details

Liana Johnson, Renter in Tampa, FL

I'm searching for a 2BR with one large master suite or a 3BR rental for Aug. I am willing to pay $1850 per month at maximum. Any Suggestions?

Asked by Liana Johnson, Tampa, FL Fri Jul 6, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Tampa

Answers

6
We have some great rentals that fit this description. We actually have a new listing in the Hyde Park area. Please feel free to email us what you need exactly or review the listing below.

Thanks!

RGW Team,
Do you want a yearly lease or just for one month?
a yearly lease
Flag Sun Jul 8, 2012
Liana,

I would be happy to help you out in connection with the rental you are looking for in August. Is this just for the month? Is it for the National Convention? Where would you prefer to rent? There are beach properties within 30-40 minutes from downtown Tampa so I need more information regarding the particulars of what you are seeking. Please call me or text me with additional information at 813-245-8497. My email is laurataylor@weichert.com.

Thanks much and I promise to be able to find something nice and convenient for you.

Laura
Laura S Taylor, GRI
WEICHERT REALTORS,
Yates & Associates
(813) 245-8497
Office #(813) 933-1761
Hi Liana,

Just wanted to pass on some info... the Florida Bond Program can give you up to $7,500 to be used towards your downpayment and closing costs. You must be able to qualify for an FHA, USDA, Conventional or VA mortgage and have a 640 credit score. Also you cannot earn more than about $70k for a single person. You must work with an "approved" lender, too.

Also if you need to rent because of a short sale or other credit issue or are self employed, you may be able to find a credit union to grant you a mortgage. Credit Unions do not have the same "requirements" that most banks and lenders have.

Otherwise if you want to be a renter, just be sure to do a background check on the landlord to verify:

1) he is indeed the owner (there are scammers collecting rents and deposits)
2) the owner is not in default on the mortgage - you may get served foreclosure paperwork and may have difficulty collecting your deposit or having repairs made. Being without A/C in the summer would not be fun!
3) Ask the owner to put in writing if he has any intentions to sell the property via a Short Sale. Otherwise you may have Realtors trapsing through your place with minimal notice!

For the above reasons, if you still want to be at the mercy of a landlord, I would suggest renting in a "complex" until you are in a position to become an owner. It's cheaper to "own" versus "rent" in most places in Tampa Bay.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
Hi Liana,
The rentals in the area are moving pretty fast. I would recommend that you find an agent who also deals with rentals and they can help you. As Tampa is a rather large area it would really benefit you working with an agent so you can get into specifics on what you are looking for, such as a single family home or condo, pets, area of interest to you as well as lifestyle. Also I have to ask if you are willing to spend $1850 a month why you are not considering purchasing, you monthly mortgage would likely be less. Best of luck in your search!

Jeffery Lonas
Real Estate Consultant
Keller Williams Gulfside Realty
727-831-6089
http://www.tampabay-home-sales.com
Find Me on Facebook
try my website to search. Go to http://www.TampaTom.com and select the search rentals logo

Tom Lifrieri
Future Home Realty
Web Reference: http://www.TampaTom.com