Rentals in Oceanside>Question Details

Beverly Olde…, Renter in

I'm pretty sure the property at 1411 Eastview Ct im Oceanside, CA is a scam. I asked for info on it and he sounds hokey.

Asked by Beverly Oldenburg, Mon Oct 21, 2013

Hi Beverly,

We have found that Craigslist is your best option for a rental. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are found using Craigslist. It is used to advertise rentals by property owners, property management companies and agents alike. The rental listings are far more up to date than what you will find anywhere else.

Start your search by putting your preferred zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your requirements, including the check boxes for pets if needed. There is also a pull down menu for the type of property you are seeking (apartment, house, etc) Check often and call/e-mail right away as many rentals move quickly.

Beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit in order to see the property. The "owner" usually states they live out of state or out of the country. Other scams involve people stealing pictures from homes for sale and then posting it as a rental with a low rental rate.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA BRE License 01713506
You probably saw this ad on Trulia:…
The ad arrived on Trulia from and it has already been taken down at Postlets probably because it was a scam. At $1200/m advertised rent, it is way too low which is your first clue that it is too good to be true.
I only see it as an active sale (for $389,900) not a rental. If you're interested in a rental in Oceanside, I have one available.

​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL EMAIL