Rentals in Jacksonville>Question Details

caylie27, Renter in Brownwood, TX

I'm moving to Jacksonville, FL in a few months and am in desperate need of help finding a safe neighborhood near Florida Coastal school of law.

Asked by caylie27, Brownwood, TX Sat Feb 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I will be moving there in the next few months and I really have no idea where to start looking for a safe neighborhood. I'm from a small town in central Texas, so knowing where to look isn't easy at all. Everything I have read about Jacksonville hasn't exactly been in it's favor and I'm rather worried about that (in regards to the amount of crime that goes on). I'm not looking to buy a home, but I need to find a house to rent, as I have a 1 large dog (Rottweiler) and 2 small dogs (Shih Tzu) and also a cat. Most apartment complexes wont allow dogs like Rotts to reside there, and Im fine with that, which is why Im looking for a relatively big house. 2-4 bedrooms and at least 2 bathrooms. No duplexes though, I like my privacy. I'm just wondering which safe neighborhoods are around florida coastal school of law? Is the housing affordable?
I would prefer the commute not be over 30 minutes from my home to school. Top priority to me is safety. Any suggestions????

Answers

3
Southside Blvd, Hodges and Kernan will probably be your best places to look. I also have a dog and rented a condo privately in the Grand Reserve off of Hodges Blvd. Hodges and Kernan have a lot of neighborhoods that would have affordable houses to rent. That way you don't have to worry about breed restrictions in the apartments. Its also really close to your school and about 10 minutes to the beach :-) If you would like a list of rental properties currently available I can email you one from MLS..

Best of Luck!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
I have 7 rental properties in Jacksonville, and I use the fine folks at Traditions Realty, Eric Hill, 245-9264 for all of my rental needs. He can run a search and they have a 5-6 page list of properties available for rent. They know what you will be looking at for a deposit and are the best at helping folks looking for rental properties.

Best of luck to you and WELCOME to Jacksonville, FL!
Liz Bobeck

PS I have 2 standard poodles and we are a VERY dog friendly city!
Hi Caylie,

If you are referring to Florida Coastal School of Law located at 8787 Baypine Road then don't worry so much. It is in a great part of town. Try contacting Tina Fader at 904-710-2204. She is the property manager at my Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty office. If she can't help you then she might be able to point you in the right direction. Best of luck!

Paige Wajsman
904-476-4120