Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

Carra718, Home Buyer in

I'm moving from NY to LA... I need a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apt,condo,house,etc... For rent. Willing to pay rent up to a year in advance.

Asked by Carra718, Tue May 15, 2012

Affordable....

Answers

22
I bet you never had this much luck fishing in your life.
Hi Carra,
Your best bet is to talk to an agent who knows the leasing market well and will dedicate time to helping you. Do you know which neighborhood you want to live? If not, a savvy agent can save you LOTS of time. Depending on your monthly budget the home you are looking for may or may not be found within a Realtor's network.

Contact me and I'll be happy to give you some free advice. If I can't help you find a home I'll show you the best ways to search to find homes for lease in LA.

Marcy Collins
Broker Associate, DRE#01363147
(424) 235-4242
marcy@marcycollins.com
I have just reduced my rent to $6,000 pr month, see article below...
Check out: http://www.juliekproperties.com/listing/1231-s-ogden-dr-los-…

There is a 3 and 2 bedroom - both gorgeous units!
Hello Carra718, you can view all the current rentals here:
Give me a call if you would like to see them and I would be happy to set up some showings for you!
http://santamonica-realestateagent.com/santa-monica-rentals/

Have a wonderful day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
http://www.SantaMonica-RealEstateAgent.com
(310)586-0364
I have several lease listings right now:

- Mid-Century modern recently remodeled in coveted "oaks" area of Los Feliz (not yet on mls): $6500/mo
- Victorian style House in Beachwood Canyon Area of the Hollywood Hills: $4200/mo
- House in Redondo Beach (not yet on the mls): $3800/mo
- Broadway Loft in Hollywood: $3950/mo fully furnished

You can see pictures of the listed ones on my website at http://SmilayProperties.com. Please check back as I should have the non-listed ones up on my site this week. Good luck in your search.

--
Eric Smilay
West Los Angeles Realty
T: 310.600.9172
SmilayProperties.com
I have an awesome fully furnished town house in Encino. 24-hour Guard-Gated home with direct access 2 car garage. Safe, secure and near freeways and Ventura Blvd. This one is a beauty. Near shopping, parks. LOCATION, LOCATION! email me today. Short term lease or long term lease is avalable. Shayna @mzcitygal@aol.com
Im looking for a 3 bedroom.... No more then 1,600 per month.... I am a comedian and need to live close to where the action is..... I'm hearing Burbank is nice
I found several leases available near the hollywood area, perhaps they would work, feel free to contact me when your avaible so we can proceed with your searches, thanks & good luck!
Flag Tue May 15, 2012
Carra;

The action is really in the Hollywood area with all the comedy clubs. Burbank is okay. If you are a comedian you need to be seen in the local clubs like the Comedy Store and others around the Sunset strip area, Melrose Avenue Laugh Comdedy Club and many others. My friend is a comedian and thats where people go to be seen. There are many other clubs around town.
Three bedrooms for $1,600 I do not know if that is possible, at least anything nice.. Please contact me if you would like more assistance in your search.
Arleen Fidler
Sotheby's International Realty
310-259-3320
Dre#01166494
Flag Tue May 15, 2012
Dear Carra:

My house is now up and running on Trulia... see photos, 10520 Ohio Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
L.A. is a big place...much bigger in geographic area than the city of N.Y. Let's just say it can take 2 hours from one end to the other. Where will you be working? What type of lifestlyle do you want? Do you want to live in a walkable neighborhood? Do you want to live in walking distance from grocery stores and movie theaters? Do you want to be near the beach? Do you have friends already living here, and where? Will you have a car, or will you be dependent on public transportation? What is affordable - to YOU?
Hello Carra:

Lease or Sale: Back on the market with a $110,000 REDUCTION to $1,365,000 Will Lease for $6,500.00 pr month. One year min, prefer two years.
... 3+3 + bonus Guest with new 3/4 bath, new fireplace, separate entrance. Quality, Charm, Location, one blk to sought-after Fairburn Elementary. Beams, coffered ceiling, wainscoting, unique doors and hardwood floors throughout. Eat-in kitchen, backyard in used brick with spa, featured in LA Times Home Magazine. French doors with beveled glass in den lead to covered side patio. BUYER BONUS: Copper plumbing and updated electrical throughout plus new electrical panel. New laundry room and food pantry. New luxury master with fireplace, large walk-in, sunken tub, glass shower, double sinks. New Tile and flat roof on house and garage, New garage door. New furnace and air conditioner. Improvements w/permits. Shown by appointment. Sold in its current condition. Sellers are Realtors. DRE#00804536 . MLS #12-600423. Heart of Westwood, 1 mile to UCLA, 1 mile to Century City, 2 miles to Beverly Hills. Will go live on Trulia tomorrow to see pictures.
Hi Carra,

I just listed this three bedroom. I'm not sure what your budget is so let me know and I will see if I have anything else you might like.

http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow/d2655266kP169112453o2/3536-s-…

3536 S. Centinela Avenue #10, Mar Vista, 90066 Great central location close to Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, Culver City and easy access to the 405 and 10 freeway. Just South of Palms Blvd & North of Venice Blvd. This Spacious 3 bedroom 2.5 bath town-home has three levels and is approximately 1,577 square feet. This English style building has tall ceilings and was built in 1981. The living room, dining area and kitchen have tile floors and both bedroom levels have real hardwood floors. The large master suite has vaulted ceilings, room for an office area, beautiful new hardwood floors, master bathroom, storage cabinet, and has a balcony with a small outdoor patio. This condo is spacious, bright & sunny and has lots of closet & pantry space. Amenities include, intercom entry, a gas stove, dishwasher, oven, microwave, new 2-inch faux wood blinds, a brick fireplace, a subterranean tandem parking space (fits two cars) with remote control access. A refrigerator, washer & dryer are currently in the unit and can be used and maintained by tenant. Owner pays Water & Trash. No smoking. No pets. One-year lease, $2,975 monthly rent, $3,400 security deposit. *Available Now! To view, pick up the key at 1415 Stanford St., #2, Santa Monica, 310-829-5910, 310-828-3132.
If you Are from NY you should know about padmapper,com which is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you are not familiar with the neighborhoods in LA the LA Times and Los Angeles Magazine have some good articles online. I you decide you are interested in Brookside, I have an upper duplex which will be available about the middle of June.
http://ad411.atspace.com
Can you send pics and what's the rent
Flag Tue May 15, 2012
Need more specifics such as where you will be commuting,... Cost of living can be pretty high here too. What is your budget?

If you'll be in the San Fernando Valley or Malibu I would be happy to help you.

Janey Bishop
(818)570-1144
Greetings!
Please contact me and let me know what's your point of destination in LA so I can get your new place.

Thanks!
Douglas Perez
(213) 375-8741
Carra;

Do you know what part of Los Angeles you want to live in and what you want to pay per month?
Los Angeles has so many lovely pockets ,but I need more information on the location.
You will stand out from other renters if you pay your rent one year in advance.
I would love to help you with your search and find that perfect places for you.
Please feel free to call me for any assistance you might need in your search. When will you be moving to Los Angeles?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Arleen Fidler
Sotheby's International Realty
310-259-3320
Dre#01166494
I have been working with leases as a listing agent and with other clients with your similar needs.
The rental market is very competitve in Los Angeles right now. Please contact me if you would like help.
Sonya
310-622-3962
sonyachun@sbcglobal.net
Rental inventory, just like home sale inventory is very low in many parts of LA...for the second year in a row. Offering to pay a year in advance may help you stand out from the crowd when vying for a sought after property. However, if the rental falls within a rent control building, the landlord is prohibited from accepting more than a 2 month security from you...thus, would not be able to accept the year in advance. Nevertheless, it's a strong statement of your intent and commitment.

You left out the number one criteria...price. What is your price range? And secondly, what areas do you "need" to be near, i.e., where will you be commuting to? Traffic dictates living areas for many people in LA.

Please fill me in on some additional info, and I'll be happy to make some suggestions for areas that match your needs.

Jayne Clement
Cell) 213/309-5005
DRE# 01877738
I would like to help you find what you are looking for , but I need some more info, which area are you looking and what is your price range and how soon you need a place .
Please let me know and I can help you relocate soon.
Ellie Salemnia
Keller Williams Beverly Hills
Elahehsal@yahoo.com
Carra, If you want to discuss more in detail write me at onemoreolo@aol.com or call me at (323) 646-2037 LA is so huge, I'd need to help you by narrowing down the areas you're looking to live in or distance from where you work.

thank you kindly

Veronica Olofsson
Owner/Broker
Olofsson & Associates Real Estate
Good Morning, please let me know, the areas you would be intrested in Los Angeles, and the Budget. You may reach me at 818-795-0618 or email me armikrealtor@sbcglobal.net, I will be more then happy to help you out with your move.

Armik Avedisian Your REALTOR ®
2011 President of Glendale Association of Realtors
Keller Williams Realty Glendale
DRE# 01279085
Cell 818-795-0618, Phone 818-432-3205
Committed to Excellence
Please Remember me when you think of Real Estate
I Appreciate your Referrals
Hi Carra,
Do you know what area in LA and the price range you are looking for? Plesae email me and I will be more then happy to send you a list of available rentals.

DJ Bonner