Rentals in Park Slope>Question Details

Michael.e.a…, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

I'm moving from Baltimore to Brooklyn in August. We want to live in Park Slope and have lots of specific requirements. Where do I start?

Asked by Michael.e.adkins, New York, NY Wed Apr 25, 2012

Answers

14
Park Slope... Ahh, my area! You should start out by calling a Realtor (like me) who works specifically in the area you want to move to. One who knows the specific demographics, restaurants and recreational activities also.

Luke Constantino
BBOR Social Media Networking/Marketing Chairman
Commercial | Residential
REMAX PARK SLOPE
Direct: (212) 300-3919
Hi Michael,

Our office is in Park Slope, exactly where you're looking to rent. :) But I'm sure you've moved by now... Welcome to the neighborhood!

Aleksandra from Ideal Properties Group
347.422.0856

My office is actually in Windsor Terrace. We have many listings in the area. Please call me anytime.

Lisa,
917-334-0500
Your best choice? Craigslist, Brownstoner and a local reputable broker. Between the three you should be able to get a very good overview of the entire market. Make sure that whichever broker you choose is a member of REBNY (The Real Estate Board of New York). A good local broker will help you navigate the dizzyingly fast landscape of Brooklyn's rentals - and as REBNY members they'll be able to show you anything worth seeing on the market.

Park Slope for example is having a great Street Fair this weekend (Sunday, noon to 6 pm) - http://www.shopseventh.com/

Possibly a good starting point for you to do your "neighborhood reconnaissance," if you happen to be in the borough at the time of course...

Best of luck in your search, and welcome to Brooklyn!
Hi Michael
Feel free to contact us here at 718-633-3194 Rapid Realty - Windsor Terrace. You can speak with any one of our agents. See if we can help. Talk to you soon.
Send me an email on what you are looking for and i'll be more than glad to help you out.
Thanks for the responses. To clarify I will be renting.
First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Hi Michael
Welcome to Brooklyn, although Baltimore is nice too. Anyways are you looking to buy or rent?
if you email me your specific requirements including your budget; I can get a head-start on researching the possibilities for you.
madelinepadovano@fillmore.com
718-332-8800

Luke Constantino
Commercial | Residential
REMAX PARK SLOPE
Direct: (212) 300-3919
Deaer Michael:

The first thing you should do is get yourself pre-qualified by a mortgage banker or broker who is licensed in new York State (unless you are buying all cash, then that is not necessary). Once you are pre-qualified you will know how much you can spend on a property.

After that you may want to go online and look at what types of properties are available in your price range in the area you like. Ultimately you will want to have a professional real estate agent who specializes in the area help you with your search.

I have been selling real estate in Brooklyn for almost 20 years now and would love the opportunity to help you. Feel free to call me anytime. Either way, good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Hi, I lived in Park Slope for 5 years, I can refer you to a reputable agent if you like. Once you connect with an agent they can assess your needs and tell you what you can expect.

Chris
Thanks Chris.
Flag Wed Apr 25, 2012
Hi Michael,

My name is Heather and I specialize in Park Slope real estate. I would be happy to see if I can help you with finding the best home for your needs. You can reach me by phone at 347-460-4673 and/or by email at hhope@rapidnyc.com
Thanks Heather.
Flag Wed Apr 25, 2012
Are you purchasing or renting---If purchasing with a mortgage be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore visit with any licensed loan officer to determine qualification; also choose an agent to work with, he/she will be your best guide. If you are renting, again, choose an agent to work with, he/she can provide suitable listings, any necessary information, schedule showings, etc. You can also locate some area agents under the find a pro tab.

.