Rentals in Atlanta>Question Details

BookJumpFly, Home Buyer in Marietta, GA

I'm looking to rent a condo on 18th street. I can put a 2 month deposit down but my credit isn't too hot. What are my chances?

Asked by BookJumpFly, Marietta, GA Mon Feb 25, 2013

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Atlanta

With those answers, you might as well buy the place. Private money lending disregards credit for the approval process. It does affect your rate. We require that you can show proof of income and a picture ID. If you use a Realtor who works with short sale property and foreclosures, you may be able to find a place a whole lot cheaper AND possible get a mortgage payment less than rent. After closing we'll coach you on credit clean up and get you back into a better conventional rate.

Bill Polack
Polack & Associates, LLC
(404) 644 3295
I think that you should be up front with the landlord about your credit. If you are willing to put down an extra security deposit, that might help convince them to give you a chance.
It depends on what's on your credit. A landlord wants to make sure that you will pay your monthly rent on time. If you have a good rental history but have some other challenges a landlord may be willing to rent to you with an increased deposit. However, you won't know until you try so best of luck.
Your chances will depend on your credit and income.
Web Reference: