Rentals in 11215>Question Details

Jessica Casa…, Home Buyer in 11215

I'm looking to rent a 2 bedroom in Park Slope, Brooklyn in July/August timeframe. When is a good time to start looking? My budget is $1800 month

Asked by Jessica Casano-antonellis, 11215 Sun May 9, 2010

max I'm actually currently living in the neighborhood and eager to meet with local realtors to view properties. Please feel free to email me directly to discuss! jessicaantonellis@gmail.com

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 11215

Answers

4
This is for David below. There is no neighborhood called Park Slope South. Within Park Slope there is the North Slope, the Center Slope and the South Slope. I remember when I moved to the area in 1981 and was looking for a rental, a real estate agent drove me to the outer reaches of Windsor Terrace, at the Kensington border and I asked "is this still Park Slope?" He said "Park Slope South." I cringe when I hear an agent use a fictitious name. Do you mean the South Slope? Perhaps you mean Prospect Park South (the neigborhood directely south of the park)? Please don't tell me you are referring to Greenwood Heights and naming it Park Slope South. It is becoming common these days to try to call Greenwood Heights, which is the area between the South Slope and Sunset Park something other than what it is, Greenwood Heights, named for its proximity to Green-Wood Cemetary.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010
Your price point is difficult, but not impossible in Park Slope if you are willing to look outside of Central Slope. Call my office to speak with one of our agents.

Gigi (Janet) Zimmerman
718-499-1410
917-763-0437
Jessica,

Your post indicates that you are currently living in Park Slope and are a buyer, but your question relates to Park Slope rentals. Rentals in the heart of Park Slope are quite steep and a 2 BR at $1800 max per month may be very difficult to find unless you will consider Park Slope South, or as a Janine suggested, Windsor Terrace which is a lovely area that is nearby, close to the city and transportation. Another possibility is doing a share. As a start you should look on Craig's List to get an idea of the price of rentals to give you a perspective. Here is the link:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/aap/brk?query=Park+Slop…

Hope this is helpful and if you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us at 917-593-4068.

Bonnie Chernin & David Rogoff
E-mail: david@BestHomesInBrooklyn.com
Mobile: 917-593-4068
I may have some apartments become available in the Windsor Terrace area at that time.
Feel free to contact me in a few months.
Janine

Janine Acquafredda
Licensed Real Estate Saleperson
Weichert, Realtors - The Franzese Group
(917) 584-7685
nycrealestatepro@yahoo.com