Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

Erma Stallwo…, Renter in Chicago, IL

I'm looking for spacious 1 or 2 bedroom, I have a 9 lb dog if you are willing to rent to a good person with. Good heart a can pay the rent.

Asked by Erma Stallworth, Chicago, IL Fri Mar 22, 2013

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

10
Estallworth938 - would love to help. Give me a call or send me an email so we can discuss in more detail. Have a blessed rest of your weekend.
Renter,

My first two questions are:

What is your credit score?

What is your budget?

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Dear Renter,

Edith gave you a good detailed answer. Just remember today landlords are also looking at credit as well as they are looking for your monthly household income to be at least three times that of the monthly rent.

Best of Luck,
How you going to have a great score in this day and time, landlords need to snap out of it being judged by your credit scores ridiculous, by the way I have a score of 690
Flag Sun Mar 24, 2013
You need to connect with a local Realtor familiar with the Chicago Rental market in the area or areas of the city you are interested in....
There will be limited choices for you as some places will not allow dogs at all, others will require a weight limit, but with 9 lb you should be ok with that requirement... The amount of rent you are willing to pay, and depending on what the rent is going to include will determine what it is that you can find. The
Realtor who will work with you, will also need to know, what else you need, like for example the following items
washer and dryer in unit?
walk up or elevator building?
balcony or not necessary
What is spacious to you, i.e. the sq.ft. of the unit
Do you need parking? one car or two, outside ok or do you need a garage
So you really should sit down with a Realtor, who then after getting all the details from you including
application information will be able to zero in on potential properties for you...

Do you need to be close to transportation, shopping etc.
Let me know I gladly connect you with a good Realtor in the city, need to know the areas you are
considering.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
you must have good credit, a regular source of income and pay market rates..if you want units that you can rent tell me when, and how much you can afford.. 30% of your monthly income is max
They realtor.com and all the other rental web sites. A good heart does not matter if you cannot afford the rent and the landlorddoes not want to rent to dogs. That will be a problem.
Try to hire a leasing agent to help you find a place. Interview two or three and rember, no fees, costs to you.
Get a good agent to help you out. It's free to use their services.
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
email me at jmichaels@remax.net I may have something that would be a good fit