Jacqueline W…, Renter in New York, NY

I'm looking for an apartment in Washington Heights for a max budget of 1400 (that's including utilities).

Asked by Jacqueline White, New York, NY Thu Jun 26, 2014

I'm a student who will be paying with student loans and I'm in the process of securing a guarantor. I'm looking to move by mid-August.

Answers

5
You can definitely find something in that price range. Your options will be limited but it's do-able. Real Estate agents will make it seem impossible and try to convince you to raise your budget but just stick to what you want and keep looking. It's out there.
There are a few studios available in that price range. You might find some 1 bedroom apartments but I question the quality of the building or apartment at this price. I live uptown so I work primarily in this neighborhood because there are good apartments in a rather close proximity to everything. Prices have been going up since 2012 rapidly and the inventory is becoming much more thin in this area. Feel free to contact me to discuss further. Listings pop up every day so what can be said today may change tomorrow in this unpredictable rental market.
Why not consider working with an agent of your own....
Have you checked out the "rent" section at the top of Trulia? There may be something in there. Otherwise you could also check Craigslist.com to see what they have for posted for rentals.