Johnny, Renter in Bronx, NY

I 'm looking for a large 1 bedroom or large studio apt in the bronx. Allerton,castlehill,morris park area. pref utilities included, thanks.

Asked by Johnny, Bronx, NY Fri Dec 14, 2012

Move in date Jan 2013, or feb 2013

Answers

8
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Johnny,

Exit Realty Search has an extensive rental department call our main NUMBER AT 347-202-4965. We have a variety of price ranges all over the Bronx. One of our rentals specialists will be able to get you out viewing apartments in your criteria. We are open 7 days a week and have flexible hours and late nights hours.

Best of Luck,

Millie Valentin
EXIT REALTY SEARCH
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465
email: exitwithmillie@gmail.com

If you'd like to see current Bronx Rental Listings visit

http://www.bronxpad.com/rentals

Thank you for your question. Joel Rivera
When all fails, it's always a good idea to go door by door through Grand Concourse. Some vacant apartments with low rent can be found.
Hello Johnny:
I have a studio apt over at Allerton for $850.00 (utilities included). Near bus and trains. Call me at 917-562-0552 for details.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
Hello Johnny, I have a nice size one bdrm in the Pelham pkwy section $950 call me
646-256-8616
William Garcia, Real Estate Pro in Bronx, NY
Hello Johnny,
my name is Willam Garcia I'm a New York State license Real estate agent. I specialize in Bronx rentals.
I have a studio and a one bedroom moving in ready in the Castle Hill section of the Bronx Both apartments are less then $900 They include heat and hot water and also pet friendly. Feel free To reach out to me so we may discuss more details and try to help you find your new home.

William Garcia
646.235.6634
Pantiga Group INC
License Realtor of New York State
Consider working with an agent; or check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.