Rentals in Austin>Question Details

John Tuck, Renter in 78726

I'm looking for a home with at least 3 bedrooms near my work at 620/2222 or close to toll road 45.

Asked by John Tuck, 78726 Tue Aug 13, 2013

My rent limit is $1400. I have bad credit (around 650), but have excellent rental history, very high income, no criminal history and can pay a higher deposit to get into a house. I don't mind living in Cedar Park, Round Rock or even Hutto as long as I can jump on the toll road without having to go through much traffic to get there. A big backyard is a definite plus as I have a 17 month old son. I would also prefer to rent in a nicer area. I am looking to move ASAP.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

11
Good afternoon John,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
We have one for sale in south Austin between mopac and i35
I would suggest that you contact a local real estate agent to assist you with rent. It will definitely saves you a lot of time and headache.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
John,

Easy peasy! You would be surprised the property you can find for $1400 in the areas mentioned. I know you have lots of feedback so far, but please don't hesitate to call or email me with questions. I live in Cedar Park and know of some great neighborhoods.

Best wishes,
Melissa Galvan
galvan.melissa.a@gmail.com
512-773-5735
John,
Be careful...some are being deceptive who have posted...
Hello John,
Probably won't get house near 620 & 2222 for $1400 most "near" are usually about $2,000+-
Cedar Park, RR & Hutto definitely work. By the way, a 650 credit score will qualify for a loan unless there are other boogie men in the past.
Give me a shout, directly and I'll help...no cost to you with a commitment to working with me . 512-709-6343
Hello John,
I have a house for sale by owner near TX-45. Please call me at 512.920.4242 to discuss further.
You can look up on trulia 1616 war horse lane, 78664.

Dhaval
Happy to email your options. Send me an email and I will respond with pictures and pricing of each available place that meets your criteria.

Thanks!

Dan Burstain, Realtor
JB Goodwin Realtors, serving Austin for 40 years
Dan@JBGoodwin.com
There is plenty to choose from in that price range and area. I would be glad to meet with you and show you availability as soon as tomorrow. Call me if you would like my assistance.

Mark Alexander
512-800-4443
Mark.ma.alexander@gmail.com
Hello John.

I help a lot of people find accetable leases. Give me a call or E-mail me with a number and I'll be happy to call you and help. Given the information you have provided so far, it shouldn't be that hard to find a listing that meets your needs.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
John, give me a call if you would like and I will connect you with a good Lease agent that can help you. It sounds like you would have no problem with your history and budget.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415