Rentals in Indianapolis>Question Details

Ciara Malone, Renter in Indianapolis, IN

I'm having a hard time finding a home because of credit. I have a great job, I just need someone that will give me that chance, any suggestions?

Asked by Ciara Malone, Indianapolis, IN Thu Nov 8, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3083701095-1701-S-Delaware-St-I…

Answers

8
Your credit history is documentation of a bunch of people who've "given you a chance", and you've shown (in some way) that you don't take your debts very seriously... or perhaps weren't able to make your payments on time.

That's a pretty important factor for most landlords. Unless you find an individual who doesn't ask for a credit score, or doesn't contact your old landlords, I'd say you're in a pickle until you improve your credit.

And while it only take a very short time to damage your credit, it can take a year or more to improve it significantly.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 8, 2012
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Why do you have credit problems, Ciara?
Call Kristina Rowlett at Nationwide Credit Repair 317-418-3768. She is great! It's not expensive!
Hi Ciara,

Here's the nutshell: Make every one of your payments on time for 12 months
and your credit will improve remarkably.

If you have judgements, that's another issue that has to be dealt with.

If you are in a hurry to buy/rent and there are very good reasons why you were a late pay before but
you haven't been late since your circumstances changed and you can prove it, you might have a chance at renting.

Buying ... your credit's got to be in the mid 600's for your name to be on a mortgage loan.

If you want names, numbers, facts and/or figures call me. I'll give it to you straight.

Good Luck,

Marita
Assoc Broker
317.513.4652
If you have not already I would suggest you contact a lender of your choice and inquire regarding "Credit Repair". If your lender does not handle that type of service they would probably know someone who would. If unsuccessful finding someone, please feel free to contact me and I may be able to suggest a lender that would assist.
There are some lenders who can tell you what you need to do to improve your chances. Plus I know of a company that actually can assist you with cleaning up credit etc. It may take some time tho & there is a fee for this service. Would be glad to pass on the information to you.
Ciara,

Do you have a history of paying rent? If so, tell the leasing agent that your credit is bad but prove that you do make rent payments by showing him/her the payment history.

Peter Knight
RE/MAX
I work with a couple different lenders who you can speak with that may be able to help you out. Shoot me an email and I will send you their contact info. csnapp@remax.net