Rentals in Ann Arbor>Question Details

Mary Mcallis…, Home Buyer in Ann Arbor, MI

I'm desperately looking for an apartment/condo/house to rent for this summer (May-August).

Asked by Mary Mcallister, Ann Arbor, MI Sun Mar 9, 2014

I am a faculty member at Johns Hopkins, hoping to spend the summer near my daughter, who teaches at U of M, and her children. Any help would be appreciated. I need only one bedroom, really. Laundry onsite and parking.

I have a furnished one bedroom apartment now through August if you are still looking. Prime location. Newly renovated. Tom 734-417-4534
Hi Mary,
Not sure if you ever found anything to rent short term, but most realtors who deal with leases through the MLS find that homes and condos for rent have a minimum term of 1 year for the lease.

If you haven't tried apartment complexes, , many of the larger ones have a furnished short term apartment they rent out. For one, Valley Ranch, near Ann Arbor Saline Road and 1-94 definitely has them. I have a client who lived there with her daughters while looking for a house to rent in Ann Arbor. We lived there ourselves at one time and it is a really nice, well-kept community with a wonderful clubhouse/exercise center.

Hope this helps!

Lynn Radziewicz
Real Estate One Ann Arbor
Wish I got a response from her.
I am a grandma too renting an apt in the Normal Park neighborhood of Ypsilanti to spend quality time with my grandkids. Otherwise I live in Plymouth, MA.
My daughter teaches at Eastern.

I will probably only spend a few weeks in the apt during the June, July, August period. Not altogether.

Are you interested in talking about how we might share- you could have it when I am not there, which is most of the time.

Perhaps your daughter can take a look at it. I will be out there again for 2 weeks in April.

Mary Ann Hergenrother, Ed.D.