Rentals in New York>Question Details

Tee, Renter in

I'm currently looking for an apt in Brooklyn, NY with a credit score 565. I have a f/t job that I been at for 5 years, paid off credit, any

Asked by Tee, Sat Mar 2, 2013

help??

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in New York

Answers

6
Jeffrey Kaminski’s answer
As previously mentioned, a cosignor or larger security deposit would increase your chances of getting accepted. In my experience your application will be stronger if you offer one of these options up right away. Many applicants look at cosignors and large security deposits as an option of last resort if they are denied on their own. I would not recommend waiting until you are denied. You know your situation and should make your application as attractive as possible right off the bat. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
No problem, it's my pleasure. Congratulations!!
Thank you all for your help, I did in fact find an apartment and will be moving in the coming weeks. God is good..

Thanks Lisa for checking in with me :)

How has your search been going? Have you seen any apartments yet?
Please contact me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.

My name is Lisa and I work with Ardor Realty. With a credit score below 650, you will most likely need to find a guarantor for your application, or you might need to put a larger deposit or additional security payments, or maybe pay in advance. There are options for you and I would be more than happy to assist you. If you are looking for a great agent please contact me.

Lisa Salter
(516)884-2932 Cell
(212)588-3000 Office
Lsalter@Ardorny.com