Rentals in Jacksonville>Question Details

Amanda Lynch, Real Estate Pro in Pensacola, FL

I'm a single woman relocating to Jacksonville. Any suggestions for areas to live in/ avoid?

Asked by Amanda Lynch, Pensacola, FL Sat Mar 23, 2013

I've heard suggestions for San Marco, Riverside or the beaches. Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Answers

5
Hi Amanda! Welcome to Jacksonville! San Marco and Riverside are both great areas. I would love to help you with your search based on your needs, wants and proximity to where you want to be.

On a personal note, I have lived in Pensacola for many years and absolutely love Jacksonville!
Please let me know what I can do to help.

Joseph Poletto
Watson Realty
904.738.6446/ 401.450.9720
josephpoletto@yahoo.com
Try Oakleaf. The amenitites and community are great.
Which Oakleaf are you speaking of?
Flag Sat Jul 6, 2013
Hi Amanda......this question is a frequent one.....There are wonderful places throuthout the Northeast Florida area that are wonderful places to live. My son, Hickory, and I suggest you enjoy a tour......about 2 hours....having lived here all of our lives we know the territory.....we have an ice skating rink (which is a surprise to many newcomeers), lots of wonderful restaurants that are not chains, great art venues.....lots of places to network, volunteer, or JUST HAVE FUN.
Being single...you may be interested in places where people with the same interest live.....which is EVERYWHERE......but.....you may be interested in living close to where you will be working....as stated in other answers.....real estate agents to not comment negatively concerning some areas due to Florida law......YOU are the judge of where you settle, NOT us.......what we do is introduce you to the many charming, convenient, and personally interesting (to YOU) areas we fortunately have in Northeast Florida....contact Hickory ( 904-463-5664 h.delegal@comcast.net or me,Donna, at (904) 732-7225, or startpacking@comcast.net.
NOTE:
EVERYONE we have sold homes to in the last 23 years has LOVED Jacksonville.....finding the
RIGHT home can be FUN....We guarantee you will enjoy looking for a home....AND living in JACKSONVILLE....we have SO much to offer.....you won't believe it!
Amanda, we can't tell you where NOT to live but you've hit on some great spots for young professionals. I live in San Jose, just a little south of San Marco, but I love Riverside/Avondale area. Lots of great restaurants, historic area with a lot of style. I probably lunch there at least once a month. Beaches are also very good; great for biking to pubs, etc.

There's a large area called Tinseltown with many condos, but I find it a bit suburban in style. It's well populated with young professionals because so many businesses are located nearby and it has a lot of entertaining areas.

It mostly has to do with what you want and what you are looking for in a new neighborhood.
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to Jacksonville where Florida Begins.

Unfortunately as a licensed real estate agent in Florida we are not allowed to provide such information. I would recommend going to http://www.coj.net which is the Jacksonville/Duval county web site that has all the info and statistics you are looking for.

Contact me is you have any other questions.
Best Wishes
Charlie
Charlie Chorman - REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
877-331-3359 Cell/Text