Rentals in Camarillo>Question Details

Candy Luenser, Renter in Camarillo, CA

I'm a good renter, but I had to break my lease due to a job transfer... Will anyone rent to me now?

Asked by Candy Luenser, Camarillo, CA Fri Feb 15, 2013

Answers

3
TEAM KOMAR’s answer
candy -

We all make mistakes, but if you have a good hardship reason for breaking the lease (such as deployment orders from the military) future landlords have empathy for you. But, as my
colleague says, go to freecreditreport.com to find out if this breach of contract has been indicated
on the credit report. You are charged a fee to do this, but it's worth it. It also depends on your
verifiable income, but you may be asked for a large security deposit to build back that trust.

Good Luck. I would be happy to background search your landlord when you find the property
you wish to lease. No costs to do so.
It's a judgement that only the prospective landlord can make. It also depends on whether your credit has been affected.
If you advise your landlord right away and cooperate while he finds a new tenant and pay the rent as promised while he does find a new tenant you should be fine.