Rentals in Brooklyn>Question Details

Heydg, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

I'm a full-time grad student with mediocre credit and want to rent a 2br (will find a roomie). with parents as my guarantor, will i find one in

Asked by Heydg, Brooklyn, NY Wed Mar 9, 2011

nyc? Will be looking to find the 2br in Brooklyn, NY in June 2011. My income is zilch, and parents are footing the bill for my education. Wondering if how unrealistic it is to try to rent a 2br given that a) my credit is mediocre (don't have score but there a couple of things on the report), b) i have no income. also wondering if having paying roomie in hand is necessary up front -- would rather myself or parents are on lease.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Brooklyn

Answers

2
Staying with the parents saves you from looking. It could the safest bet and get a better bang for your buck and improve your credit.
The best solution would be to have your parents lease the apartment with the understanding that you will be living there. Your finances do not come into play in that situation and the world or more specifically, NYC is your oyster. What school will you be attending? Try uloop.com, it is a website dedicated to student rentals. If you prefer to work with a broker or put your parents in touch with one, feel free to contact me at 917.374.4295