Rentals in Orlando>Question Details

gts0004, Renter in Orlando, FL

I'm a college student moving to Orlando this summer for an internship and I need a furnished, short term rental. Please Help!!

Asked by gts0004, Orlando, FL Thu Mar 28, 2013

I need something that is between Downtown Orlando and Disney World, it only needs to be one bedroom, have a furnished kitchen, and washer in dryer preferably in unit. I want to explore multiple options so I can report back to my employer on what my living allowance will need to be. Any advice is wanted!!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Orlando

Answers

4
Avi Maganda’s answer
Hello gts0004:

Not many short term rentals by Colleges and University areas, majority only by South of Disney which are farther than typical commute (Instead of 20 minutes it will take 40 mins approximately) from Downtown Orlando.

I recommed just like somebody already mention "Extended Stay Suites" such as like "La Quinta", "Extended Stay Suites", which offered a reduced discounted rate by week which averages as low as $800.00 dlls per month depending on the season and if you catch a special promotion on Internet.

Those Extended Suites offer kitchenette, laundry on site and a small living room. I recommend the ones located by International Dr and Kirkman Rd because the short commute to major highways, Downtown, Attractions and Parks and have a sensation of you being in a quiet area.

I wish you good look to find what exactly you are looking for, but I just want to save you time and let you know what is really available.

Happy Easter!
Web Reference: http://www.MouseMansion.com
Hello! There are a few options to consider here. First and most likely best is renting a condo close to the attractions. There are many units near Disney, Universal, & Sea-world that are fully furnished and function as "extended stay suites" but are owned and often managed by private owners. Often times northern vacationers (we like to call them 'snow birds') stay in places such as these as the rental rates can be negotiated depending upon the length of the stay. You being here in Summer, or peak season if you will, may very well have an impact on your ability to achieve anything like this for less than a minimum of $1500 monthly. That being said I have several clients that own units such as the ones I just described and I would be happy to reach out to them on your behalf. Another option would be to search websites like craigslist in an attempt to find someone who is looking to sublease or have someone rent their apartment during their summer vacation; obviously a student would be a prime candidate for that type of situation. You may want to search in areas close to the University of Central Florida, Full Sail University, Rollins College, or the Rosen School of Hospitality. Finally, I do work closely with a property company that will rent for periods of 5 & 6 months however I am under the impression that you will only be here for the summer. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance, good luck!

Ben.Grooten@BrenParc.com
Ben,

I'm hoping to get a unit from May 18th - Aug 9th. If you can send me some listings with prices I'll review them with my employer and figure out something that will work. Thank you!
Flag Sat Mar 30, 2013
Hi There:

Try the below link, lots of homes at all sorts of price ranges, sizes, locations they are mostly furnished. Hope this helps:

http://www.homeaway.com/search/florida/disney-orlando/region…

Have a fantastic day.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Plenty of long stay suite hotels in the area. They are probably your best bet. Short term rental is only allowed where it is zoned for. The area you describe will only contain suite hotels and condo-tels.