Rentals in 48306>Question Details

Judy, Renter in 48306

I hired an agent to rent my house. The agent find a tenant, the agent let the tenat signed two copies of lease,but she even did not want to send me

Asked by Judy, 48306 Wed May 12, 2010

one copy to sign just scan the lease and ask me signe and scan it email her back. I disagree. As I request she promise to mail me the lease but just one copy instead of two copies of lease, she asked me signe and keep thihs original lease and make copy of it then mail it back to her.. But this lease does not include lead disclosure form, since she did not gave the new tenant to sign the lead disclosure form. The agent told me, I can signe another copy of lease and the lead disclosure form when I go back to my house ( I moved to another state). Is this okay to do as the agent told me, or should I just ask the agent to complet the lease ands mail both of the copies let me sign and mail one lease back to the agent I keep one copy for myself? Thanks!

judy

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 48306

Answers

2
Real estate contracts, including leases, may legally and effectively be signed
and transported from one party to the next using email. This can be accomplished
using scanned documents. One party sends the document, another receives, signs, and
re-scans the document, then it is returned or sent on to another party by email.
It is also permissible to use faxed versions of the documents.

With today’s technology, one popular way of transmitting documents and securing
signatures is with the Authentisign Service. This is where the various parties initial
and sign documents while viewing them on their computer. One a person has completed
their portion of the signatures, the document is emailed back to the original person.
All of the documents signed on-line are protected using the United States
Postal Service Electronic Postmark. (USPS EPM).

For more information on contracts contact an attorney.
For other guidance, contact
Chip Andis
Cell (248) 931-0084

REALFi
REAL ESTATE AND FINANCE IN ONE
34 S. Telegraph Rd
Waterford, MI 48328
Office (248) 886-0000
eFax (248) 287-4152
Judy,

Yes, it is OK to sign the scanned lease and scan it back to her. The lead based paint needs to be signed by everyone too.
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI