Rentals in Beverly>Question Details

traceytkane, Home Buyer in Salem, MA

I havent good credit, but make great money. i went through a bad divorce and I feel so penalized! What is your advise re; renting with this dilemna?

Asked by traceytkane, Salem, MA Wed Sep 5, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Beverly

Answers

4
Heath Coker’s answer
Even with bad credit, someone will give you a loan. I'd buy something while the rates are low. As rates go up, you will be able to buy less.
After one year you may be able to re-finance and get a lower rate if you have stayed current. Ask a mortgage professional.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Having bad credit effects a lot of stuff. What if you could get a fresh start? We have a Credit Restoration program that truly removes any and everything off your credit. Bankruptcy, judgments, Child Support, student loans slow pays, repos, and the process takes 30 to 60 days. We Guarantee the results, if we don't preform you get your money back, period.
hlear@realtyconnections.net
858-945-1047
Harold Lear
I haven't good credit but I also make good money left house to renters an they didn't pay which made me loose my house also sighed for a car for my daughter an she let it get reposed I did own the house for over 15 years without any promblems was to much for me to keep up so I rented it thinking it would work also been in the same job for over 15 years my partner an I have been togeather for years he also has not so good credit but makes real good money been at the same job for 10 years.
Be prepared to show your credit report anyway and to explain why the score is low. If you can show a recent history of paying your bills on time even though you may have struggled in the past that should go a long way. Have proof of income ready to show you can afford the rent. You may want to also have a criminal background check and an eviction history done to show you are a law abiding citizen and have never been evicted before. Get personal written references, from former landlords if at all possible, otherwise from friends and associates. Offer to set up direct deposit for the rent from your bank account to the owners account. And, finally, offer to pay both the first months' and the last months' rent in advance. That way the owner will have a 'cushion' of one months' rent should you default on the lease agreement.

Good Luck, I know it's not easy in this kind of situation but you will find the right place if you persevere.