Rentals in San Diego>Question Details

Angela Harvey, Renter in San Diego, CA

I haven't had to look for a rental house for over 10 years. On average how much is the rent on a 3 bed room 2 bath house

Asked by Angela Harvey, San Diego, CA Thu Aug 1, 2013

Answers

6
JR Thrasher’s answer
It all depends on what you want. The lowest priced 3 bedroom, 2 bath house I could find for rent was $1200, the most expensive I found was fifteen thousand square feet on the beach for $39,000. Check the web reference below for a list of the 186, three bed two bath homes for rent in San Diego right now. You can sort the list by price to find what you need.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
(619) 929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
Hi Angela,

It vastly depends on where you are looking to live. Often time, in the city of San Diego, you truly get what you pay for. Have you considered purchasing? Only reason I ask this is because you can oftentimes get a mortgage loan for the same amount, if not less, than what you are paying for in rent. I recommend contacting lenders and Loan Officers (as myself) for projections. Therefore, if you want to see how much you could save, please do not hesitate to contact me. I wish you the best of luck in finding a place.

Destany
Your Mortgage Source with the Force~
Hello Angela,
I will gladly represent you as your local, knowledgeable tenant agent with 40 years experience.
We can send you a list of homes for rent in your price range and area[s].
Our residential inventory is the most accurate and current online data for you to choose from.
..we can get started on your San Diego home search whenever you are ready.
We will work from the criteria that you provided above and when you PM me.
We can prepare you and your lease documents to get you into a new home!!
To proceed, we can inquire as to the current statuses as our rental market moves really quickly..
Also, we will set up our tour date[s] with advanced notice to occupants for access to view those homes of interest.
For an appt. and additional info, please call me at 760 622 6855 or maureen@landangel.com
Thank You,
Maureen
760 622 6855
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
Hi Angela,

When looking for rentals, your best bet is Craigslist. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are found using Craigslist. It is used to advertise rentals by owners, property management companies and agents alike.

The best way to search is to put the zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your parameters. Check often and call/e-mail right away as many rentals move quickly!

Lastly, beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit prior to seeing the property or filling out a rental application. The "owner" usually states they live out of state or out of the country. Other scams involve people stealing pictures off homes for sale with a low rental rate. That is usually when they ask for the deposit up front.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
The prices depend on location and square footage. Why don't you browse rentals on craigslist to get an idea of the price ranges?
Depending on the area, on average, I would say $1800 per month. Let me know if I can further assist you.

Richelle Szczygiel