Rentals in Townsite>Question Details

Raven7711, Home Buyer in Oceanside, CA

I have sent several emails Contact info person for $950/mo 704 North The Strand #20, Oceanside CA 92054. Can ANYONE tell me..about this listing?

Asked by Raven7711, Oceanside, CA Wed Feb 1, 2012

And, Why does NO ONE answer their listing??
Thank-you
raven7711@hotmail.com

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Townsite

Answers

5
Most properties I handle generate sixty calls per ad! Each time I run it. I handle from 2 to 7 a month.

It is best if you call several times and email. This is because you could have used the wrong email address or I have so many phone calls I can't get to the emails. I can't tell you how many phone calls I get where there is a bad connection, or they talk too fast and I simply cannot understand the phone number given. And cell phone call backs are also a problem because they don't have a vm box set up, or don't answer my three callbacks, etc.

If you email a question that is answered in the ad, I too will not answer your email. Or, it might be rented or in the process of going through and we are in limbo, the renter is not approved because I haven't finished checking their references/job/ former landlord and they have not given me their copies or deposit yet, or any of the dozen components of a lease deal.

Even though I am very hands on and free with details and information, there are just times when I don't have the time for people who are not paying attention and don't do their research.

I have handled hundreds of calls a week from renters and have to start from scratch and educate every one of them. I get many emails from soldiers, and I love to work with them but they are spinning a dream and want to plan their homecoming which is great fun for me as a military mom myself. I treat the military member as if they were my own and that takes a lot of time and worry. Its great when a soldier contacts me, looking for a place on line and sends a friend/wife/hubs to look at the property and approve. I have never had an unhappy military family rent from me.

I have gone out on a rainy night to show property to people who email and text who say they really want the property, have their deposit ready and have already driven by then I learn that they have lied about their banned dog and their horrible credit but then they don't like something about the unit.

Hang in there, its a pain to move and a real hit or miss. It is also impossible when I have to run an ad on a property before it is vacant! Because I can't show it and it won't be available in time for the new renter...there are so many things that can go wrong with timing and paperwork!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Hi, we own Roberts Cottage #20, and rent it out as a vacation rental. The $950 you saw is weekly special we had going early this year. We have no idea how Truila is listing our ads. We have asked them to remove it since people are calling upset at us wanting the monthly rated listed by this site.

IF you are interested in our vacation rental our main website http://www.robertscottages20.com or phone 760.434.5743

Thank you!
WHAT A CUUUTE PLACE! btw on your site you say three night minimum and another place it says two...also the only way to get to the loft photos is on the Rates link on the homepage. The photos show two mattresses and the chart says a Cal King and a Queen, but, the verbiage in white does not mention the Queen. Super cute place, I will recommend it to family and friends here in Oceanside!

Also, I remembered an instance where a scammer was running my photos and ad verbiage with the contact being by email response on craigslist who was trying to scam people out of deposit money. You may want to check cl once in a while by searching your address. If a renter calls the other number and gets no answer or call back and then finds your number it could be a scammer ad. Regards~n (had trouble posting this...if it shows up more than once it was a Trulia software error)
Flag Sat Oct 27, 2012
There is an ad placed somewhere. I'd Google it. If you placed the ad you can log in and delete it, or if you had an agent at one time, they could be using it as a lead generating ad if it has great photos. I abhor this tactic by lazy agents, but, it is a possibility that the agent doesn't know where it is still running so they can delete it. There are some sites like ahrn.com or remilitary.com that run over a year until they expire and drop off. Hope this helps. Good luck, all my best to you.
Flag Sat Oct 27, 2012
Part of the problem with emails these days is the number of bogus requests which come through, especially when advertising on Craigslist. By just responding to an email, you find all of a sudden your address is now in use by spammers. So I may be guilty of not responding to a genuine inquiry which came to me via email because if my email ends up getting used by spammers, it is a hassle to start all over with a new one.
It's always best to call rather than email. It's the most direct way to get information.
A Realtor may be able to help you. I found various pieces of information online--such as a YouTube video with an e-mail and phone number.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA