Rentals in San Antonio>Question Details

Marisalva, Renter in San Antonio, TX

I have fair credit, I've gotten a credit report done and they said it's not good but it's not bad, being that it's start up credit

Asked by Marisalva, San Antonio, TX Tue Jul 31, 2012

My boyfriend whom I will be living with doesn't have good credit. we plan on getting a nice rental home. will his bad credit stop us from getting a decent NICE home. Money is not an issue what so ever. I work for SAC and he works for Toyota.

Answers

2
Diana Ayala’s answer
Hi Marisalva:

I think the best thing to do is get with a Realtor to discuss your situation and try to set up a plan to get you that rental... It is easier to talk about it with the Agent so you can work together.. Good Luck.
If you need any help let me know.. 210-392-3386... Thanks Diana
I personally own rentals and credit is only one piece of the equation when I screen - income, criminal history, evictions, repossessions, foreclosures, bankruptcy, pay timeliness, etc. all play into it. It always scares me when someone says money is not an issue but my credit is bad, since not doing the right things with money is usually what makes credit bad. What are ya'lls scores? What side of town you looking for? What rental rates are you considering?
Give me a call. I have a 3/1 on the NE for $800 just listed yesterday.I can talk to you more about it, but rentals on NE go fast. I do run credit checks as part of application along with eviction checks, criminal checks and income verification. If you'd like to talk, let me know. Phone # is on my profile.
Flag Fri Aug 3, 2012
My credit isn't bad, I said fair, 543 score. I just have very little of. I have no clue what his is. But he has been able to rent out apartments since then I just don't know if renting a house is much different. 850 is the max I'd like to go, North, Northeast is where I'd like to stay.
Flag Wed Aug 1, 2012