Rentals in Atlanta>Question Details

Selena Craig…, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

I have 3 clients with rental assistance vouchers looking for 3/4 bedrooms in Sw Atlanta, East Point or College Park. Voucher pays up to 6 months

Asked by Selena Craig-Shy, Atlanta, GA Fri Nov 29, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Atlanta

Answers

2
Hi Gwen Stovall thanks for the response. The vouchers that my clients holds are not section 8. They are rental assistance voucher for an organization that helps with rental assistance. They pay deposits and rent up to 6 months.
Hello do you have clients looking for rooms
Flag Thu Dec 19, 2013
Selena, it has been my experience that working with clients using housing vouchers is very time consuming - especially for the little commission you end up getting. As you know, inventory is low and so many homeowners just don't want housing vouchers tenants in their units. But if you are going to do this, the College Park, East Point and SW Atlanta (zip codes 30311, 30315,30310, 30349) might be your best bests. I have not seen vouchers good for 6 months - usually for a year because that is what the rental usually requires 12 months up to 24 months rental. It is not always stated in the rental listing whether section 8 is accepted, so you will have to try to reach each listing agent or the property management company to get the details for that. My suggestion is that you look at or call some of the property management companies and then check out their website. I know that Invitation Homes now process Section 8 renters so look on their website for all the other details. Again, this is an awful lot of work - a lot of research and a lot drive time.