Rentals in Murrieta>Question Details

Shon954, Renter in Murrieta, CA

I have a very good rental history, no evictions at all. But my credit is not so great. Is there someone out there who will still rent a home to me?

Asked by Shon954, Murrieta, CA Tue Aug 23, 2011

before offering "extra security , or prepaid rent"...check with your state's tenant/landlord laws, as in NJ, for example, there is a cap on the maximum amount the landlord can collect, in advance, as a deposit.

Perhaps a CA agent will address that issue.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 23, 2011
Certainly, there may be.

What they will want to see is proof you have paid your rent on time for the past year (cancelled checks or letter from current landlord), and inome/job verification (you need to show that you CAN afford to pay the rent).
It would also be helpful if you have good reasons for the "not so great" credit score....and you are willing to share your reasons with the landlord.

In this economy, you are not alone - there are others whose credit has suffered, for a variety of reasons, too. Landlords can be more forgiving and flexible under these circumstances.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 23, 2011
Much will depend on the individual landlord; consider being upfront as to why your credit is not so great; one can consider offering extra security deposit, possibly pre-paying some of the rent, reference letters, etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 23, 2011
If you haven't already decided to rent, check out my article "CAN I BUY A HOME WITH BAD CREDIT?"

Best of Luck!…
Web Reference: