Rentals in Plano>Question Details

Kameshaj_03, Renter in Plano, TX

I have a prior judgement on my credit report while living with my parents and need help finding a home for lease. Can someone please help?!?

Asked by Kameshaj_03, Plano, TX Thu Mar 7, 2013

I currently have a voucher with section8, has always had good credit history until I moved with my parents about 2 months ago to help them out and a judgement was filed. Is there anyone that can help me? I'm afraid I may lose my voucher if I dnt find a place soon :(

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Plano

Answers

3
T.E. Sumner’s answer
The judgment is possibly from your last landlord? Your counselor may have some suggestions for you. If the judgment is for breaking your lease, you may not have recourse. Perhaps you can work something out with the lienholder (the person who successfully got the judgment against you).

Housing Authority does not like people who break their contracts. They might let you repair it, though, by paying off the judgment. Good luck.
I appreciate the feedback. However, I never signed the lease but because I resided in the home with my parents for more than visitation allowed, I was told that I had to sign an app because I was over 18 but it wouldn't affect me. I only resided for a short period of time because my apt wasn't ready. Too, when my parents were taken to court, they had majority of the funds to pay but the owners didn't want to accept partial, they wanted it all at once.
Hi there,

You need to work on judgement. Most properties wont lease to tenants with judgement. If it was your last landlord, go ahead and pay the fine so you can go seperate ways. Otherwise it will be on your record for about 5 years, just not worth it.

Dixon
http://www.findyourtexashome.com