Rentals in Carlstadt>Question Details

Tas0306, Renter in Carlstadt, NJ

I have a good paying job and great references but poor credit to to a divorce will I be able to rent in either NY state or NJ?

Asked by Tas0306, Carlstadt, NJ Mon Aug 15, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Oh boy you are not alone. So many good people have fallen victim to the economy downturn and have not been able to meet their bills. The fact that you are working, have references and are up front about your situation is a plus in your corner.

Good luck with your rental. You might want to speak with a good company who does credit repair? Just a suggestion. I'm not sure what type of credit problems you had, but be careful with that also as not all of these companies are on the up and up. Ask around for referral from friends and family if they have used one of these companies.

Carolynn Monaco
Prominent Properties/Sothebys International Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 15, 2011
Consider being upfront with the potential landlord regarding your situation, one can consider offering extra security deposit, or pre-paying some of the rent...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 15, 2011
Its all up the landlord but if you are honest and let them know the reasons for your lower credit score it may not be a problem.

Providing refereneces is a plus. If you are coming from another rental property, shwoing proof of payment on time is also a good idea.

Good luck

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 15, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer