Rentals in Plano>Question Details

Tolli, Other/Just Looking in Dallas Center, IA

I have a felony drug charge from 2 years ago and have 4 years left on probation. I can't find a property that allows anyone on probation to

Asked by Tolli, Dallas Center, IA Thu Sep 23, 2010

rent.HelP Must be in Collin County
Loft or open floor plan
700 max rent
No pets
Can have probation officer write a letter
Active in church, volunteer work in community, work for a non profit youth ministry, and doing very well
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Plano

Answers

5
If you have a current lawyer or criminal defense attorney, you could ask them for suggestions. Also, I know that not all apartment landlords run background checks. If they do, then you could as for a letter of recommendation from your local church or parole officer. That would improve your chances at finding a contract.
http://www.norton-ramirezlaw.com/case/durham-nc/
If you can save up some extra $$$ offer to pay first and last month's rent along with the security deposit. That lowers the risk for the landlord and might make them reconsider. Always be honest and upfront. Good luck!
If you are still looking for an apartment , I can help! Email me at lmhomes@gmail.com
Tolli,

Hello, I did some research and found this link on google.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Rent-an-Apartment-With-a-Fe…

It pretty much says if you can find a private landlord that doesnt do background checks, then you should be good.

Good Luck
Honesty is the best policy! Ask around at your church for a referral or for letters of recommendation to submit with your applications. I'm sure there are many people in your life that want you to be successful in your efforts to get your life on track.