Rentals in South Scottsdale>Question Details

Denise, Renter in South Scottsdale, Sc...

I dont believe an agents the way to go.My wishes to live in a specific com.IEven when I found it ,they rent to someone else is all a wish

Asked by Denise, South Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ Thu Jun 17, 2010

Answers

6
Why do the majority of agents say that it's free to use an agent or that it doesn't cost the renter/buyer anything? Agent's don't work for free. Sure sometimes our compensation is paid for by someone other than our client, but agent's don't work for free, er.... at least the good agents don't. That being said I find it difficult to believe that good quality agents are willing to work for the small compensation that is offerred in the MLS on rentals/sales. A lot of rentals offer only a few hundred dollars in compensation. So, what is really wrong with agents setting their own compensation structure through a buyer/renter-broker agreement? Don't listing agents use a similar agreement when they list properties for rent/sale? So, why don't more good quality agents representing buyers/renters determine their own compensation structure instead of accepting whatever is offerred through the MLS? Agents need to learn how to efficiently make a living and earn what they think they are worth, unless they think their time and valuable services are only worth the few hundred dollars offerred on rentals and sometimes the small % of commission offerred on some sales.

Maybe Denise is correct that hiring her own agent is not the way to go, especially if agents think their time, knowledge and services are only worth the typical few hundred dollars offerred through the MLS on rentals, because what can a renter/client expect from an agent when the offerred compensation won't usually cover the agent's expenses? I think that agents should set their own compensation structures but then in return should offer an amazingly productive and efficient service to the client, which may already be occurring, but how can it be by only earning a few hundred dollars?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 18, 2010
Hi Denise,

Much like purchaing a home, wor with a realtor that has your best interest in mind, not thiers. It should not cost you anything to get the home you want.

Instantrenters,cin prides itself on CUSTOMER SERVICE and find the perfect rental. Do not settle and your realtor should be able to find you the home that make you feel at home.

We offer a quick and customized way to match ideal properties to ideal renters. WE DO NOT DEAL WITH APARTMENT COMPLEXES. Our goal is to offer you the same benefits of "home" living in the rental market.

We want your experience to be positive. At http://www.InstantRenters.com we offer the best customer service and the most complete way to find the perfect dream rental home. You have 100% access to the MLS. Just choose the homes you are most interested in seeing and one of our agents will contact you to set up a showing. It is that easy!

InstantRenters.com prides itself on customer service. You will not find a better experience anywhere. So whether you are looking for a long term or short term rental, our team will find your next rental.

Our service is free and there are no obligations for using our site. Good luck on your search and we look forward to serving you.

Check out http://www.INSTANTRENTERS.Com for more details.
Denise,
Your question is posed more as a statement first of all...but hey lets see if we can help you out. Most real estate agents don't really want to deal with rentals anyway as they don't pay much to begin with. I personally refer all my rental inquiries to a property management company, Apartment hunters in Mesa AZ, Tammy Fernandez there is great. Because I don't have her permission to publish her phone number I will simply say google apartment hunters mesa or Tammy Fernandez. Your other option is to find, as others have mentioned seller owned homes, condos etc. However, an agent can help you tremendously because they can check public records to see if the owner is headed to foreclosure...something that you need to consider. I do have 2 clients with rentals in S Scottsdale that have leases ending toward the end of the year, so it just depends on what your time frame is. If you want more information please feel free to contact me direct
Kent Gagon
602-980-5368
Dear Denise:

It does not cost you anything to use a Realtor. They can research the property for you send picturs and maps and negotiate you. Not bad. Many Realtors, like me will offer free MLS rental look ups on their websites. This is active and current.

You also can look at homes in classifieds.

May I wish you the best.

Jeff Masich, Realtor
HomeSmart
Scottsdale
http://JeffMasich.com
I agree with Anna. However, You might look into getting representation - it is free to you and most homeowners that are represented by an agent are paying the commission whether they work directly with you or not. Agents can also look up information on the home and see if it is in foreclosure - or risk of it - and look out for your interests. Just a few thought (out of many!). Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.eliteazhomes.com
If you don't wish to work with an agent, look for by owner rentals--check local print media, Craig's List, ask current neighbors, co-workers, friends, etc., if they know of any rentals, check any other real estate related website.