Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

Kiki Brown, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

I don't understand why landlords in the Somerton and greater Northeast area in Phila don't really accept section 8 vouchers. It's guaranteed rent.

Asked by Kiki Brown, Philadelphia, PA Thu Sep 13, 2012

Not everyone on the program is gonna destroy the landlord's property. Also my credit is good. If anyone knows of landlords that will accept it in these areas please let me know.

Answers

4
nitin verma’s answer
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/apa/3286148174.html

please look at this listing - its in east falls area and is available for immediate rent and its right next to kelly drive.

I am sure you are going to love this area.

Its a new development which is a rarity in philly.We loved living here and moving out only becuase of me and my wife's job

pls call me at 3025889099 and we can discuss

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
Hello Kiki, Its the L/L's Option to Select or Not Select. Some Do....... Some Don't

All the Best John Curci RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2886
Hi Kiki,

Section 8 has specific criteria to which a property must conform to. If a landlord is not able to or has no desire to bring their properties in line with those standards they would not be eligible to rent their properties under the program. That may be one reason why you are not finding landlords that accept the voucher. If you find a place of interest and they don't accept it you may want to enquire with them as to why they do not.
It's probably because of all the hassle dealing with the paperwork and regulations.

Ask them directly.
That could be true Mr. Fred but the landlords won't know unless they give it a try. It's really not that bad, besides if I were a landlord I would definitely want guaranteed rent on time every month even if the renter loses his or her job.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012