Rentals in 10032>Question Details

lucygveliz, Renter in Colmar, PA

I am 24 years old college studen & have absolutley no credit. I have nothing under my name, not even a phone bill. Will this affect my chances?

Asked by lucygveliz, Colmar, PA Mon Jan 13, 2014

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 10032

Answers

8
Please call me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569 Thank you and good luck.
Yes, it's a big shock to realize how much parents provide! Suggest that you stay on good terms with them and maybe this is a good time to show your appreciation by asking them to help you to start learning to become independent and develop your own credit! Sometimes we take things for granted, and trust me, i speak from experience here, parents sometimes are not fully appreciated until we don't have them anymore.
Hi Lucy. At some point, you'll need to start building a credit rating. It's a necessity these days. As for now, your only hope to rent in Manhattan will be by using a relative as a Guarantor. They will provide their financials for consideration to the owner or management company and pay your rent as I feel you also have no income. Your guarantor will need to have excellent income (at least equal to 40 times the asking rent, or more), Sterling credit and solid assets. Good luck.
Yes. This will affect your chances with certain places. But, There are many landlords that will work with you in finding a place. Find a Realtor that has rental history and works primarily with rentals. A good rental agent will know what is available to you and help you find a rental that works with students. Hopefully you have a bank account. If not open a checking account and you will begin you credit history.

I would never suggest that you open credit card accounts. You can find a guarantor, pay some advance rent, or just find the right landlord.

Where are you looking?

John Sacktig
Broker/Manager
Orange Key Realty
Office: 732-863-6969
Direct: 732-213-1409
Much will depend on the landlord/building, each is different; you could consider a guarantor if all else fails.....
I'm assuming you're working. In addition to below, it's also going to depend on the tolerance of the owner if he/she want to take a risk with you.

In the interim you might want to start establishing credit for yourself. Capital One and Discover are good cards to start with and/or with your bank if you perhaps have a debit card or checking account with them.

Janet
Yes and no just depends on the building. Some let you use a guarantor that will help kind of secure it better. If your interested in seeing apartments let me know,

Russell Glidewell

Metropolitan Property Group

240-478-7339
Hi Lucy,

You will likely need to have a guarantor, pay advanced rent, or pay additional security deposit. If you would like assistance in your search, or need any additional information, please feel free to contact me.

___________________________
Yul Park
My Agent Page
___________________________
RES
320 West 37th Street, Suite 301
New York, NY 10018
Fax: 646-537-2626
Web: http://www.RESNewYork.com