Rentals in Brooklyn>Question Details

Marine Fayol…, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

I am 22 years old and have no credit are there apartments that will let me get around credit?

Asked by Marine Fayolle, Brooklyn, NY Sat Sep 7, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Brooklyn

Answers

4
Hi there!! There are apts out there for you. Private landlords are quicker to give you the benefit of the doubt. Other management co's or landlords may charge you more money in deposits. A lot of landlords will ask for a guarantor. The best option will be for you to know what your score is upfront, even a cell phone bill can report and reflect on your credit. If there is anything on your credit that has reported you actually have credit just not extensive credit. Check your score online and see what it is as your applying. Also, protect your credit by asking upfront whether the owner will accept your minimal credit standing. This will eliminate running your credit time and time again only to be told no and lowering your score that you are trying to build. Try going the private landlord road first and management co's secondary. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
Depends on just how poor the credit is; also much will depend on the landlord/building, each is different; however you can consider being upfront regarding your credit; be prepared to show proof of employment/pay stubs; possibly pre-pay some of the rent; possibly offer extra security; have some reference letters handy; consider a guarantor, etc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
There are many ways to deal with that and I know a few landlords that will be willing to work with you. Call me at 347-781-9952 so we can talk about what you need.

Moe
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
You can use a guarantor in many cases. This is someone that will act as insurance for the landlord in case you default.

Chris
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013