Rentals in San Antonio>Question Details

Cass, Renter in San Antonio, TX

I am 25 year young professional who is being relocated to San Antonio for work. Where is a good place to live in SA>?

Asked by Cass, San Antonio, TX Wed Jan 23, 2013

I would like to mingle with people my age, has locals bars in close distance, and I can spend less than $800.00 for a one bedroom? New appliances are always appreciated! :-)

Answers

9
n.w and s.w. san antonio is the best place to live.yet if you want a perfect place look in the downtown area.even up broadway,many new apts going up on up to alamo hieghts.you can not go wrong in this areas.prices450 to 900.
As suggested below, Monte Vista/Alta Vista has some really cute one bedroom apartments for the amount you want to spend. They are close to downtown and college campuses. so there are many young people in the area.
In addition, you can check out the Stone Oak area. There are many nice apartment complexes and even more bars in the area. The rent can be steep, but a small one bedroom should be around your price range.
Let me know if I can help!
http://www.makesanantoniohome.com
Depends on where you work. If you let me know, I can narrow down the search for you.
Please tell me the most ideal place. Willing to spend up to $1200 a month including rent/utilities/etc. I will be an outside sales rep so I would like to live in the most ideal spot possible, not worried about commute, just quick access to major interstates. 29 year old single male who likes to be social. Would prefer a one bedroom flat/condo/apartment. thanks
Flag Mon Apr 29, 2013
Welcome to SA! I would recommend the Monte Vista and Olmos Park areas which are close to downtown and have many bars and restaurants close by. Also, check out Alamo Heights or Oakwell Farms areas. Both have great options for condo or apartment rentals. I have in mind some specific rental communities I could give you more information on in your price range.

Just call or e-mail me! I am happy to help!
I would say the Blossom Park area is a good one for the $$of rent
If you have decided to rent, I can help you, if you decided to buy, I can help you, either way, I will use my 37 years of experience and knowledge to protect your interests and help you to achieve your real estate goals. I will even get you at least 2% for you, if you want to buy.
Good Luck and welcome to the "Alamo City"
Jose L. Novelo
Cass,

Congratulations on the move, San Antonio is a great place to live. I am in the same age group and I highly prefer the Downtown or even uptown area. The Quarry is also a great place to live. Local bars, restaurants, shopping are all very close. But I feel for the price range it may not be doable since rental rates in that area are increasingly high. I would get in touch with an apartment locator.

Best of luck with the move,

Shail
Keller Williams Realty Alamo Heights
(210) 454-2904
Cass,
I currently live at Artessa, but am sad that I meet no one in my hallways and we don't do many resident mixers. Would the Pearl or somewhere down that way be better?

Wendy
Flag Mon May 4, 2015
Do you know of any good apartment locators Shail?
Flag Wed Jan 23, 2013
I can help with getting you pre-qualified for a new home if you do decide to explore the option of buying versus renting.
I encourage you visit my website http://www.smarttxhomeloan.com and call 210.399.3838 to see what you qualify for!
Laila Abdulla
Keystone Mortgage
210.535.1739
Is there any way I can talk you into taking advantage of what will probably be the best buyer's market we may ever see in our lifetimes?

Prices are down
Interest rates are WAY DOWN
Sellers are willing to wheel and deal

If you buy a home now:

* You will get more for your money - Rentals never stack up to homes you can buy for the same payment

* Tax Write-off - You can write off the interest you pay on your mortgage, you can't do that with rent

* Build Equity in the home - Each time you make a payment, you are that much closer to owning it!

* Gain Appreciation - Homes tend to go up in value... the home is worth more than you bought it for!

If you rent a home: You get nothing!

:)

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
. http://www.SAHomeExpert.com