Rentals in Arlington>Question Details

ccscottrun, Other/Just Looking in Arlington, TX

I am wanting to buy a townhome im working on my credit score. But I want to know what is the difference in buying a townhome or a house?

Asked by ccscottrun, Arlington, TX Sun Feb 24, 2013

Is one better than the other will one be better with a certain credit score

Credit scores and loan programs will be the SAME guidelines for both types of properties.

I will let the realtors answer the property questions....
Let me know if I can refer you to a good one in your area.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration =>
Your credit score only dictates whether you can get a loan & then maybe the terms available to you. If you can qualify for the loan & have the required cash (3.5% down required for FHA), the seller can contribute to your closing costs in some cases. If you can qualify at all, there's no real difference in buying a townhome, duplex, or single-family house........just the price. If there is HOA, you'd want to figure in those costs. I'm finding more buyers who want to buy & can qualify, but not for enough to buy a single-family home to start. Duplex or townhomes are a great fix for that. I believe this is certainly worth considering, depending on what you really need & for what price point.

I would be happy to help when you're ready. It's always a good idea to work with a good lender in advance since they will be able to advise you better on cleaning up your credit & raising your credit score. We can set up a personal search linked directly to the MLS for you to watch the market & be ready when the time is right. I'd be happy to help!

Please call me direct to discuss the details.

Kelly Bowyer
Scott Davidson Realtors
Typically you will have hoa fees associated with a townhome every month. Many town homes in the Dow area will have an apartment style feeling with little to no backyard. They can be more affordable however unless your looking for 2bed,2bath around 1000 soft I would pass on a town home personally .

Keller Williams realty
Real estate consultant
Joseph Fernandez
0ff: 817-635-1157