Rentals in Omaha>Question Details

Lorene22_2000, Renter in Omaha, NE

I am very upset. I have found 4 properties on this website to be a scam. I feel like I'm wasting my time. We are looking for a rental home 3

Asked by Lorene22_2000, Omaha, NE Tue Jan 28, 2014

bedroom in the northwest Omaha area. Would like to stay in the 1200 range. Where should i go from here?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Omaha

Answers

10
Have an agent like myself do a rental search. What's your email and I can send to you.

Scott
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 28, 2014
Thank you all. I ended up buying instead.
Lorene,
Congratulations! Thanks for drawing attention to the scammers. Hopefully Trulia can get a handle on this. I wish you many happy years in your new home.
Flag Wed Feb 19, 2014
Always contact a licensed REALTOR for best results/
Lorene, as you discovered, you were wasting your time. 37% of the data on Trulia has been reported to be faulty. Be certain to save your friends from a similar fate. Advise them to pick up the phone and call a REALTOR. That REALTOR will direct them to reliable resources.
For an up to date search for properties in the Omaha, Nebraska Metro area please visit http://www.HUDHomesNebraska.com You will be able to find all current homes listed in the area including, Luxury, HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Condominiums, Land and Multifamily property.
I am sorry to hear that....this is why I always direct folks directly to our website. Unfortunately with the shared sites it's easy for scammers to copy and change the information to suit their needs. I would really love to help you, check out http://www.simplybetterhomes.com and see if there are any homes that spark your interest. Contact me directly at 402-502-1000 x117 and I would be glad to assist you.

I look forward to working with you to find your new home :)
Work directly with an agent to help you find for rent by owner and MLS listed properties. They can filter out the scams for you.

Chris
Thank you very much. My email is lorene22_2000@yahoo.com. i appritiate it.
'your best bet is to google property management companies in the areas where you want to move. Talkt with 2-3 listing agents until you find someone you like. Property management companies may even have upcoming listings that aren't publicized yet that meet your requirements. Prepare to provide credit information --- because like you, they want to confirm that this is a legitimate transaction. Working with them protects you from scammers who hijack listings and try to pass them off as their own. Property managers will want to qualify you for their landlords, just as you would like to qualify the landlords as the legitimate owners of the properties you're interested in renting. Good luck to you.
Lorene,
Any site that allows private parties to post rentals is subject to the scammers. Craigslist and Zillow get their share too.
A local agent who does property management would be my suggestion.