Rentals in Bartlett>Question Details

Futureagent, Renter in Bartlett, IL

I am trying to rent a rental home that will accomendate my families needs

Asked by Futureagent, Bartlett, IL Wed Jun 23, 2010

I have to find a home a.s.a.p,however I get a intimidated when doing so.As a mom w/ housing choice voucher. Typically voucher holders get stereotyped and profiled. I only want a decent life for my family just like anyone else. It isn't the easiest to find a openly accepting landlord/owner for this program. Many are closed minded or go off the hearsay of bad tenants.However discriminating because of HCV can be costly. They ignore a leased tenant like me could be beneficial especially in this economy. Not to mention gotta love that direct deposit every 1st of the month this can be better than someone w/o rental assistance. The tenant still pays full security deposit and if there are any damages which may occur,then that security deposit money is the same as anyone without a voucher paying. The tenant can pay a portion of rent & the utilities.
Can I get a fair shot a decent homes that are suitable for my family?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Bartlett

Answers

2
@Sean Dawes,Thankyou for taking the time to answer . I am trying to not let the rejections I have experienced in the past get to me.
Findining a decent home is my goal. I have contacted a office in my area about some properties listed for rent. To be honest these places aren't really the bedroom or bathroom size I really need. Hopefully,I will be able to rent something that really meets our needs. Like a 5-6 bedroom and more than 3,000 sq ft would be comfortable.I also hope that Owners and Landlords will be willing to accept that I am part of the housing program.
My goal would be to find a place to rent that I can see myself buying through the home ownership program in a year. If possible! If so I'd get a pretty good amount towards purchase and I'd also have a Real Estate license by then as I plan on taking classes soon.
Have you tried contacting a realtor or just going directly to landlords? I would see if there are any real estate brokerages nearby that have experience and work with vouchers often.

Sean