Rentals in North Park>Question Details

Sarah Hillard, Renter in San Diego, CA

I am trying to rent a place near North Park, Kerney Mesa, clairmont Mesa, or the college area. I have two sweet dogs but I can't anywhere that will ta

Asked by Sarah Hillard, San Diego, CA Wed Jun 19, 2013

Answers

3
Hi Ramona, how are you making out with your rental search? What is the price range you would like to stay within?
I have encountered this problem, too. It depends on how big your dogs are and how much you want to spend. If you can do with a patio and don't need a yard, there is Solana apartments in NorthPark, Park Genessee or Coral Bay in Clairmont, or look on Craigslist for smaller duplex and fourplexes. Good luck! :)
Hi Sarah,

When looking for rentals, your best bet is Craigslist. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are found using Craigslist. It is used to advertise rentals by owners, property management companies and agents alike.

The best way to search is to put the zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your parameters. Make sure to check the box for your dogs. Check often and call/e-mail right away as many rentals move quickly!

Lastly, beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit prior to seeing the property or filling out a rental application. The "owner" usually states they live out of state or out of the country. Other scams involve people stealing pictures off homes for sale with a low rental rate. That is usually when they ask for the deposit up front.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506