Rentals in Boulder>Question Details

jgrossman81, Renter in Boulder, CO

I am thinking of relocating from Chicago to Boulder. My husband and I are looking for a 2 bedroom for around 1400

Asked by jgrossman81, Boulder, CO Fri Mar 22, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Boulder

Answers

8
Hi J.G.
We have a large database of rental properties in Boulder and we dont post all of them on Craigslist. We also provide a free rental locating service for renters looking for a place in Boulder. Check out our website at http://www.housinghelpers.com to view listings or give us a call at 303.545.6000 and we can help you find a place. Thanks!
Housing Helpers Boulder.
Hi Jgrossman81:

There are a number of good websites for finding rentals. You can find links to the Boulder pages at the web reference section below. However, always be careful when looking for rental listings online. Some are scams. Be especially careful of people who want you to send money without showing you the property. Always take a friend to a showing. And be very careful of anything that sounds suspicious. If it sounds sketchy, it probably is.

Kind regards,
Ron Rovtar
Front Range Real Estate, Ltd.
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
303.981.1617
ron@rovtar.com
http://www.rovtar.com

You picked the right place to live. I would say the weather is not as cold as Chicago but we had quite a storm today. Wait one day in Colorado though and it all changes. The four Seasons here are absolutely beautiful. .

I currently live in Boulder. I've been here for many years...raised my children here. I'm a native so I am familiar with the outlying cities as well.

When you find a few properties that you are thinking about renting, if you would like to send me an email I can give you some information about the area. I also hear about rentals from time to time from past clients wanting to rent their place so let me know when you might be here, and I can check to see if they will have anything available.

Phyllis Nelson
Broker Associate
Cherry Creek Properties LLC
Email: phyllismnelson@msn.com
303-349-7878 (cell)
Congratulations on making Boulder your choice!

Many people choose to rent before buying. It's the way to try on a neighborhood or city before committing to buying.

I can appreciate that home searching right now can get a little stressful. Check out the ads, call for information - after you have toured the area and picked out several neighborhoods where you think you want to live.

I'm a member of the Pearl Street Mall fan club, too. I lived in Boulder a few years ago but I've never stayed out of touch. I'm over there (from Longmont) all the time. I also have lived in Louisville and spent some time just about everywhere in Boulder County. Indeed, I am a good resource.

Suz

720 810 0683
HI
I would also check out Rent.com, Trulia. Zillow, and VRBO.com. You could also seek out some Property Management companies. The rental market is a hot one so be ready to act quick, and have references and credit scores ready.

Julie
Hello, I just relocated with my family from Chicago (Lincoln Square/ Andersonville) last fall. The previous posts are spot on regarding rentals in Boulder. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have and help if I can. You won't regret making the move!!

Karl Whittenbarger
Colorado Landmark Realtors
@properties in Chicago
Karlw@coloradolandmark.com
M: 303-589-7010
Sounds like a great idea -- we have a lot of friends who've moved here from Chicago. While 2 years ago there were several options for $1,400/month, the spike since last year has made it a bit more challenging. When first moving to Boulder, the closer to downtown, the better -- best to sacrifice a bit of square footage to be in walking distance to Pearl St.

Unfortunately, when it comes to a single-source for finding rentals, Craigslist is the one. There are some great rental companies, but each company can only show you properties they represent --- so company A will not show you company B properties. If you like what company A has listed, give them a call.

Have a safe move!
Hello!

It sounds like you are looking for a rental. Unfortunately they don't have their own MLS style of one stop shopping like homes for sale do. Currently the single largest listing source is Craigslist but there are smaller ones as well.
http://boulder.craigslist.org/hhh/
That link gets you to 'all housing' and you'll want to use both the filter and search options as there are lots of listings.

They have a useful 'show on map' feature as well because here, like everywhere location is key and downtown is generally the most desirable. Please do be cautious as there are scams on Craigslist so if it seems too good to be true... it may be.
Good luck and if you are looking to buy please let me know,
Art Schwadron
(720) 446-9865
RE/MAX of Boulder, Inc
Art.GreatHomes@Gmail.com