Rentals in New York>Question Details

Alice, Home Owner in New York, NY

I am the new owner on Manhattan and I do not find MLS in Manhattan? Can anyone tell me how to rent it fast in Manhattan?

Asked by Alice, New York, NY Sat Nov 2, 2013

where I can list so all of realtors can see it and bring clients to me, and I would like to pay for realtor 1/2 - 1 M . I try to rent by owner, How much pay realtors commission is fair?My condo is 2BR 2 BA conv to 3 BR new glass building on midtown $5K/M with excellent amenities.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in New York

Answers

11
Please call me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Unfortunately, New York City does not have an MLS. What you will need to do is hire a broker who will co-broke with other agencies. This will be the fastest and easiest way to rent your property quickly. Most of the larger firms like Douglas Elliman, Cochran, Halstead and Citi Habitat will all co-broke. The smaller agencies generally don't so you are limited to the people they will bring to you.

Hiring a trusted agent is your best bet to get fast and professional results.

All the best!

Elizabeth Logan
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
http://www.elliman.com/elvl
917-392-0291 (cell)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 3, 2013
In New York City the tenant pays the brokers' fee, 15% of the first year's rent is standard. We co-broke - meaning that the landlord's agent and the tenant's agent share that commission so you will do best by listing the rental with a REBNY broker who will be able to present and promote your listing to the entire NYC market in the shortest time possible. If you are willing to add the incentive you mention that may help rent your listing as well.
I will be happy to assist you.
Michelle Weissman
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Member of the Real Estate Board of New York
The Corcoran Group
d: 212.360.2462
f: 212.415.6369
m: 917.293.3427
Michelle.Weissman@corcoran.com
1226 Madison Avenue, New York NY, 10128
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013

You have options. First, you should hire an experienced Real Estate Professional. Secondly, you can try to advertise your apartment in the New York Times or real estate sections in other newspapers. When you hire a Professional Realtor they should be able to tells you what their marketing plan will be for your apartment and list all the mediums where they will post and advertise your Condo. When it applies to a Realtor's commission again you have options. The client/ tenant can pay the fee at no cost to you. The other option is for you to pay the fee and the apartment is than advertised as a no fee apartment. No fee apartments usually rent faster than apartments where the tenant is responsible for the Realtor fee.

I can be reached via e-mail at jbravo@bondnewyork.com or telephone office 646-666-2225 or cell 305-484-4972. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Best wishes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Seek the services of brokers/agents who are Realtors, then you will have access to MLS. But any brokerage can handle your rental as long as you are willing to pay brokers fees. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
I would like to post by myself now, i did give this unit for my seller agent to rent but 1 month pass I do not see any response but I do find other units in this building have rented out fast It is 2 BR 2 BA cov to 3BR it is located on 42nd street
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi Alice
Where is your apt located I have few clients in search for hi end rental let me know please .
Thank you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
How much you think it is fair to pay for commision to you? if you bring the qualify client in?
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013
Dear Alice,

I rent apartments like that all the time. They are much in demand, Especially two or three bedrooms with two full baths. I'm assuming also doorman and all other amenities. My company collects the fee from the tenant so you pay us nothing. We pay for all your advertising. Our website gets over 100.000 hits a month and also feeds to the New York Times, Street Easy and many other sites. I'd really like to see the apartment and get some pictures. Then we could discuss what we could do for you.
Please call me and we can set up a time to meet. Thank You for your time.

Bill Smith
Citi-Habitats
646-784-4878
wsmith@citihabitats.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi Alice,

Feel free to contact me. I would list your property for rent and collect the broker fee from the tenant so you won't have to worry about paying the fee. First we would need to discuss your property and give you an idea of what the best price will be. Hope to hear from you.

__________________________
Yul Park
Licensed Real Estate Sales
__________________________
RES
320 West 37th Street
Suite 301
New York, NY 10018
Fax: 646-537-2626
Web: http://www.RESNewYork.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
I would like to post by myself now, i did give this unit for my seller agent to rent but 1 month pass I do not see any response but I do find other units in this building have rented out fast It is 2 BR 2 BA cov to 3BR
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013
Dear Alice,

You don't have to pay anything to get this rented. We can list it in our system. We are the largest rental agency in Manhattan. Please give me a call when you have a chance - 917-721-0202. I would be happy to meet with you and photograph the apartment so we can advertise it.

Christopher Butt
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
CitiHabitats
222 W 72nd Street, NY, NY 10023
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
I would be happy to represent your property and will get you a great price for it. Call me at 917 280 4390.

Arthur Mulhern
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013
My partner would list for 1/2-1 months rent. Please feel free to message me. Directly and will put you in contact with him.

Chris
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi Alice
Thank you
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013