Rentals in Hollywood>Question Details

Tara Hayle, Real Estate Pro in Hollywood, FL

I am searching for a friend that is in dire need of a rental that would allow a pit bull. (rehabilitated the dog that was found paralyzed/abandoned)

Asked by Tara Hayle, Hollywood, FL Sun Mar 3, 2013

She may not have the dog permanently.

Answers

5
I'm a landlord myself; when a potential tenant has a larger dog, I require for the tenant to buy a 300k insurance policy to cover the dog and for MY name to be on the policy as well
It costs about 1k for 1 year
What is your friend' monthly rent budget?

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 3, 2013

Unfortunatly is it very hard to find a rental for such a large dog. Perhaps you may be able to find a private home in Broward County since Pit Bull are allowed in broward county and not Dade County.

Condos for sure will not allow the dog. So I would suggest looking at houses in the Broward County area.

Norma Hernandez-More
Real Living-First Service Realty
786-417-9189
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Unfortunatly no condo, townhosue or even probably a private house will take the liability for a dangerous breed, even though it may not be dangerous at the moment.
Condos and HOA's definalty cannot, so I would suggest looking at houses and owners that are not close to any other homes, but again it is probably going to be an almost impossible situations.
Beth Jenkins
South Fl Brokers
786-374-4778l
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 3, 2013
Hello, is she looking for a short term rental till she can find a permanent home for the pit? Feel free to call me or give her my number.
Thank You all for taking the time to answer and help. I can completely understand the hesitation by many rentors on this. Somehow someway she did find a place to rent so that is the good news and very interesting about the insurance policy to cover any issues with the dog, good idea!