Rentals in Fort Worth>Question Details

Jliranzo2002, Renter in Tampa, FL

I am retired military and currently have moved to DFW with a good job. I am using a realtor to help us find a house but every time we find one , the

Asked by Jliranzo2002, Tampa, FL Fri Jun 21, 2013

realtor tells us it is already rented. we are very frustrated. we are running out of time. we need help! we have lost our application fee twice already. I am afraid that if we can't get a house I'll have to leave my job and cancel our move.

Answers

9
Your agent can give you an update on all new listing hitting the market everyday. Either you live in an area with an aggressive rental market or you apply for homes that are already off the market. Before you apply asked if the home is still on the market and if other potential tenants applied at the same time.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 22, 2013
Is your Realtor doing the search for you or are you searching on the Internet and then calling the Realtor when you find and like something? Internet sites are not updated as frequent as the system your Realtor should be using. As others have said. Stuff is going VERY quickly right now!!

Brian
brian@brants.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 22, 2013
Engage a local Broker Realtor for help, don't delay as you will not find a suitable property without one. http://www.NaplesRealEstateGuys.com
hello, if your still looking and have good rental history I will have a home ready in about two weeks or sooner in Richland Hills, rent is $1100.00 1540 sqf and 3 bedrooms 1 bath. thank you
The rental market is very tight right now. Keep looking everyday both the MLS and those not listed but with a sign in front. This means you need to do a lot of driving around looking.

And when you find one move fast. Maybe you should write a nice letter about your self and your family to help a perspective landlord learn who you are and it might help them want you as a tenant.

Keep fighting and don't give up .. you will find a home. Bruce
The rental market here is crazy to say the least. I don't undertand why you are loosing your application fee if a home is already rented. Your information and review should not even be considered at that point.

Ask your realtor to set you up on a search through MLS. That is the current info out there. Still not without fault but much better.
Maybe you need a realtor who is paying attention. Unfortunately houses are going fast, so it is important to move quickly when you see something you like.
---Please see my answer to your previous question.---

But it sounds like you may not be using good procedures to find a house in a hot Summer market like we are going through right now. Many young couples can't get approved for a loan, and so they have to rent a house. This causes increased demand for rental properties, which drives prices up. Rents have escalated drastically in the last year!

Your Realtor should be showing you houses the same day they come on the market, or the next day at the very latest. You as the tenant should have already filled out your application paperwork, and have your money orders purchased and ready to go. Maybe that means you have to carry around a "blank money order", but, hey, ...do you want the house or not??

Your application has to be submitted immediately as soon as you look at the property and determine you want to rent it. You don't get a night to "sleep on it"! You must make a quick decision if you want to lease a nice house. Many other people are out there looking for the same thing you are.

And then your Agent must submit the application, along with the fees, to the property manager as soon as possible. If there is any delay in this process, you should have a serious talk with your Broker, or fire them and get a new one who will work seriously at representing YOU. Maybe you could offer a contingency fee to your Agent, to be paid only if and when they get you the house you want. There is no law that says a tenant can't pay a commission to their Agent in addition to what the Landlord may be paying.

Your other option is to get a temporary place to live, such as a month-to-month apartment, or an efficiency motel. Then when the frenzy dies down after school starts, you will find it easier to locate a house to lease.

Good luck to you!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

Direct email: WholeLife@Yahoo.com
=============================
That is so unfortunate, truth is that great rental properties go very fast in the DFW area. I specialize in rental an your Realtor should be able to show you homes when they first arrive on the market so your application will be first in line. Without knowing your particular criteria it is hard to comment on your particular situation as it pertains to renting a property . Most homeowners want renters with great credit histroy, sufficient income which gross at least three time the rental amount, everyone 18 and older will have to fill out an application and employment and criminal background checks will be initiated then the homeowner will make the decision. Ask the Realtor to consult each listing agent prior to looking at homes to see if applications have already been submitted.

Also, I have noticed that certain websites does not have current market status as it pertains to the property. What I mean is the website usually says its available when it is not. Hope this helps