Rentals in Miami Shores>Question Details

Michael Guar…,  in Miami Shores, FL

I am renting our house without using an agent. If a prospective renter shows up with an agent what is the normal commission in this scenario?

Asked by Michael Guarino, Miami Shores, FL Fri May 27, 2011

Tell the Agent he needs to go, this is a For Rent by Owner and unless they somehow advertised your home for rent they have no reason to be there. Address the Renter as follows you can rent from me most definitely, but if you wish to have a Realtor or Agent with you, please understand that you do so with the understanding that because you wish to have them, you will be paying them whatever fees they think they deserve! I know a s a Realtor that I shouldn't tell you that, but I work with lots of For Rent by Owner, my deal is that I always call them before bringing a client over, I always have an agreement that they will pay me something for bringing a renter to them, and I make sure that the Landlord never feels pressured by me or my Customer!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 27, 2011
Anywhere from 25% of one month's rent to a full month
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 27, 2011
I think half a month or 5% percent of yearly lease is standard.

Call three companies in yur area and ask them what their fees are?

Fees vary a great deal. You want to use an expert with your rental who knows how to screen
applicants and protect you.

Hope you rent the home this weekend.

Ray Levy
Coldwell Banker Camelot Realty
Mount Dora, Fl
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
Unless you are advertising a commission the "normal" amount is either zero or what you and the agent who brings you a signed lease agrees to. If I were working with a renter on a non-listed property I would either discuss my fee upfront before showing it or prior to providing a signed lease.
Yes and if you do want the Renter and the Agent knows there will be no more interaction from them once the lease is sign, if you feel it is worth it, 25% is average, it is what an agent would get if they referred a renter to a management agency.