Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

Intelli5, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA

I am relocating to the LA area on February 1, 2012 and need help finding an apartment asap. Any realtors who can help?

Asked by Intelli5, Los Angeles, CA Tue Jan 3, 2012

My priority is to find a studio or 1bd-room apartment in a newer apartment building with a decent sized bathroom and kitchen. I will have a new car and must have a parking spot (no on-street parking) nor tight spaces.

Answers

15
Finding an apartment vs renting a condo is the question and renting from a large apartment complex that has people moving in and out might be the best way to find a place on short notice. realtors dont do apartments and your best bet is to go to a website like apartment finders and put in your targeted zipcode, establish desirable buildings and contact them directly.
If you like my answer, thumbs up and best abswer me, thx!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 11, 2012
intelli5, you might want to check out Oakwood Apartments which provide short to longer term rental solutions for when the Studios have to relocate talent and workers. Oakwood Corporate housing has several properties throughout the L.A. area simply look them up online - you can rent by the week, month or year. Amenities vary by location but many have pools, enclosed garage parking, tennis courts, etc. Hope this helps!

-Risa Liebster
Ramsey-Shilling Associates
RSLiebster@gmail.com
818.397.9188
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 3, 2012
I do have a condo for rent in heart of Encino for 2bed/2 bath for $1550.

Call me at 310-266-1102 if interested.
Hi Intelli5,

Unfortunately, when it comes to renting you're somewhat on your own. You can sift through the properties for rent online or pay for services that try to condense all the publicly available listings into a single presentation.

Real estate agents can help you with MLS listed properties. These are generally properties listed for a commission with an agent in much the same way that properties are listed for sale. Many of these properties are listed other ways as well, though sometimes they are not.

The good news about these properties is that you get a professional working to find you a place to live and the commisions are customarily paid by the landlords here in L.A.. You'll also find lot's of opportunities available from Downtown to the beach at every price point.

Best of Luck.
Of course, there are lots of realtors who can help you, but you need to be more specifc what your needs are and then you can match with the best realtor that would match your needs. Feel free to contact me and I can consult you with no charge. Happy new year to you.

Tammy Behnam
310-266-1102 Direct
Web Reference: http://tammybehnam.com
Intelli5:

Remember that if the person you are working with someone from a craigslist.com ad, who states that they are "out of the country", this is most likely a scam and to steer away from them.

There are many Corporate Housing Complexes around the Los Angeles area that offer fully furnished units, with appliances, dishes, linens all amenities. The cost is a bit more because you are paying for the furnishings. You can rent these places short or long term.

Kat
I can assist in finding a place. i work with several Property Management companies.

What is your monthly rent budget?
Where are you relocating from?

Judith Santillan
(323) 317-4134
I have a few fully furnished guest homes in Beverly Hills and adjacent, which are right next to Century City and Miracle Mile for rent. You could rent these for as short as a month, or longer if you prefer. Feel free to call me at 310.888.8700 if you would like more information.

Sharon Hakimfar, Esq.
Primetime Properties, Inc.
President / Broker
DRE#: 01370644

Tel: 310.888.8700
Web: http://www.LiveInLA.com
Web Reference: http://liveinla.com
I also have another question -- My plan is to sublet a fully furnished apartment for the first few months in LA (February - May) during which time I will be conducting my apartment search. Do you know of any corporate rentals near Century City or Miracle Mile? I've been looking on Craigslist and have found a 1bd-room apartment located on North Orlando Avenue between Beverly Boulevard and 3d Street (South of Beverly). The owner is currently out of the country right now, and we have been communicating via e-mail. The monthly rent is $1,850 including utilities provided I sublet the apartment for 6 months. Apparently, the landlord will not allow shorter term subleases. Is this a reasonable monthly rent to you for this area or do you think I can find better deals with corporate rentals? I would much prefer a 3-month sublease but have not been able to find anything in my price range and preferred location. Also, the owner would like for me to submt an Application to Rent so that the landlord can approve the sublease. However, the application asks for personal information (SS #, DOB, etc.). The owner seems legit, but is there a way for me to deal directly with the landlord so that I will know that this isn't a scam? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
You also might want to consider Downtown Los Angeles. They have converted many of the older buildings to loft type apartments and have several available...and there are a couple of newer buildings as well.

Let me know.

Kat
That is very doable in your price range. There are many newer apartments in those areas which offer the security and convenience that you are looking for. However, many of them are not listed on the MLS with realtors.

Try looking on hotigloos.com, craigslist.com, these two are free, (however, please be aware of scams on craigslist.com...if someone is offering a place for $800 or a very small amount, if the owner is out of the country, and if they want you to send money before you look at it...it's probably a scam and steer away from it) and there is a paid site called westsiderentals.com. They will have more listings that are posted by the management companies and owners of the types of buildings you are looking for.

In the MLS right now, in the areas you want, for a newer building, there are none. There are several older units that have been renovated.

Let me know if you would like me to send you via e-mail some of the listings so you can look at them.

All the best, and Good Luck!

Kat
Thank you for the responses received thus far. To clarify, I will be relocating to LA for a new job with offices in both Century City and downtown LA. I have looked into the various areas and would be open to living within a 3 mile radius from Century City or mid-way between Century City and downtown LA. My priority is to find a safe and quiet neighborhood that will be an easy commute to both office locations. My budget is $1,500 - $2,000/month, including all utilities and parking. I am a non-smoker without pets. As I mentioned, I will need my own reserved parking space. Unfortunately, I have mediocre parking skills and cannot do on-street parking nor maneuvre in tight parking lots. Based on my limited knowledge of LA, I think I can find a decent place in Westwood or Miracle Mile. Again, the size of the apartment is not important to me. Rather, I would prefer a studio in a newer apartment building with updated kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Thanks for your help!
Hi Intelli5:

What area are you looking to be in? Los Angeles is a big city...this would help narrow down your search. And what is your budget?

Please feel free to contact me directly. I am available to help

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@prula.com
(323) 819-4760
The LA area is huge. Driving from one end of LA County to the other can take several hours, even in good traffic. More specificity on the area of LA will get you clearer responses. Also, a budget would be helpful. Saying I can help you find a great place, without this information, would be misleading at best.

Welcome to our neck of the woods. There are plenty of studio and 1 bedroom apartments, lofts and condos to choose from. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, QSC®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource – SFR®
Certified HAFA Specialist – CHS®
SSG Pro®
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
424-2HELP12 (424-243-5712)
myrealestateanswers@gmail.com
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com
Hey,

I would be happy to help you in your search for a studio or one bedroom apartment. I am a property manager and realtor who knows what to look for when looking for a rental. Please contact me at 818-426-1700 and let me know what part of LA you are interested in so I can start helping your search! I am down to earth and easy to work with!

Erik