Rentals in Cary>Question Details

Chris Kronz, Other/Just Looking in Jacksonville, FL

I am relocating to Durham in late October and think renting may be a better thing to do for the first year.. I need a garage and I have a dog.

Asked by Chris Kronz, Jacksonville, FL Wed Sep 18, 2013

I am looking within 25 miles or less I need a garage and I have a dog. and would like to be under 1000 a month 2br 2bath .. not too old townhouse or home .. help ?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Cary

Answers

3
I am very mixed about renting first. The reason I say this is that when you rent, you start establishing relationships and driving/shopping patterns that are in the neighborhood and close by. I've seen so many renters buy in the same area. That said, it makes sense to spend time looking on line reading about Durham and the neighborhoods, looking at pictures, etc. Then make a trip out here and drive around because places you thought you'd like may turn out to be less desirable now and vice versa for areas you discarded at first. It is important to know what is important to you in a community, the activities you do, etc.

I like to look at google maps at the same time you are so I can talk you through neighborhoods. That ends up being very helpful and gives you a better sense of the area.

Interest rates just went down and prices haven't gone up as they will next Spring. Consider buying now.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck with your choice. If you want to call me, I turn my cell phone off when I'm in bed so don't worry about waking me.
I have a wonderful home for sale in Durham. Please call me. 919-522-8846. Thank, Judy Edwards
Renting first is not a bad idea at all, this way you can get to know the area and take your time looking for the right home to purchase without any pressure. Message me at kellikaspar@gmail.com and I will see how I can help you further.
Web Reference: http://www.kellikaspar.com