Vera, Both Buyer and Seller in New York County, NY

I am planning to move to California.LA,San-Fransisco,Long Beach,Anaheim or other.I have 3 kids.Looking for safe not too expensive 2bd.

Asked by Vera, New York County, NY Tue Oct 8, 2013

Answers

12
IMHO Long Beach CA has comparatively low cost living in beautiful and safe neighborhoods. Look at Naples, Belmont Shore, Belmont Heights, Signal Hill and Alamitos Heights especially. These locations offer spectacular views, some of the best schools around and rate very high in walking rated surveys.
Hi Vera! I was born in and currently reside in long beach.I know a great deal about the city. Please contact me and we can talk about what types of properties are available in the city, what great scenic views, eateries and entertainment, and more.
John Barcelon
562 335 7968
johnabarcelon@gmai.com

San Fran is about 8 hours north of LA/LB Anaheim area.

I service the greater Long Beach/ Orange county area which includes Anaheim.

Email me your budget and specs. I can search for some properties and email them to you.
(NO OBLIGATION)

Welcome to California!!!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Long Beach 2 bedrooms are going for around $1300 on the coastline of Belmont Shore. Best deal ever. Best neighborhood, great grammar schools etc, children and pet friendly, beach is safe for kids to play in terms of undertoe but cleanliness is a concern of mine. This is the friendliest area out of the aforementioned of which I have lived in all of.
$1800 is the average two bedroom rate in belmont shores. please find me a $1300 two bed in that area!
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
hi,
sent me list please.
Flag Fri Jan 17, 2014
Hello
I worked with Corporate Relocation Clients for a number of years and an important thing is proximity to work. Commutes can be very brutally time consuming especially if you choose a longer commute and work what I call core hours in which the majority of the population is working. The majority commutes in the morning and head back home from 2;30 pm and on. (It Can Be An Ouchy) If you have a specific location of work then it will be easier to find which community better suits your needs as far as safety, pricing, proximity to work and more.
If you choose to move to Southern Ca. I would like the opportunity to help you I know this region very well.
Thank You
Robert Finger
562-577-2888
Within everyone of of these cities you mentioned there are safe and not safe, expensive and inexpensive locations. The first thing you want to do is think of where you want to raise a family in terms of environment and kind of people in that area. Also the kind of money you are plan on spending once here is important to because some cities are more expensive to live in besides the housing costs. LA and San Fran would be better locations more expensive and more financially demanding once living their, and Long beach and Anaheim not so much, but the area isn't as great IMO.
I specialize in the Greater Long Beach Area. Id be glad to educate you on the different areas and the price ranges. Please call or email me so that we can touch base.
Feel free to view my profile here on Trulia to get a feel for the level of service that I provide my clients.

Talk to you soon,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic#01456982
Hello Vera,

Welcome to Southern California!

You will love the warm sunshine, but you may miss having a white Christmas:)

I service Long Beach and Anaheim. There are also "other" nearby cities that may be a good fit for you.

I lived in Long Beach for nine years and have lived in North Orange County (Anaheim area) for 18 years.

If you are in need of an agent, I would be happy to assist you.

My contact info is below:

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
714-293-1151 Cell 562-594-0515 office
KawaindPayne@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 7, 2013
Thank you!I am looking for unexepsive 2BR,safe place,good schools.
Flag Sun Dec 8, 2013
As for what area is better, depends on your work field and preferences. All cities have safe parts and bad parts. San Francisco is pricey (as the rest of the Bay Area), but for those who work in IT it is the best place. And their weather is amazing. Always cool, never hot. Long Beach would be a cheaper alternative, but it does not have the same urbanity that SF offers, and in summer you get a little heat (which is actually good, if you like beach). Anaheim is 30 min drive away, and offers great amenities for the kids: Disneyland and Knotts Bery Farm.
IMO, the higher from the ground, the safer. 2nd or 3rd floor is good. Break ins happen everywhere. You could be in the nicest, isolated, gated neighborhood, and still have break ins. If you have ground floor windows and doors, make some effort to secure them. After a break in at my house (where I no longer live anyway) I replaced the kitchen and living room windows with solid 1/2" glass. If you are willing to spend more, you could even custom order even thicker glass... But now I live in a condo on a 3rd floor, I doubt anyone would try and climb that. And make sure you get a good cellular alarm, where you can monitor your house on your phone. You might never need it. I need it only once in 20 years where I lived, but that one time I didnt have it
I work primarily in Long Beach and the surrounding area. There are plenty of rentals available. Please call me as I will need to find out more of the specifics as to what you are looking for such as: timeframe, credit scores, employment verification, condo?, single family residence?, # of bedrooms, Parking, etc. etc.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
DRE Lic#01456982
alexmontelongo13@yahoo.com
Give me more information and I can send you some possible rentals. I would suggest you start in Torrance.