Rentals in Falmouth>Question Details

Kateo, Renter in Falmouth, MA

I am planning on moving to the area in late November- will there still be year-round places to rent, or will it be better to look at end of summer?

Asked by Kateo, Falmouth, MA Mon Jun 14, 2010

new winter rentals

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Falmouth

Answers

5
Rentals are becoming very tight. I would be looking in now.
The best place to look for rentals in Falmouth is the Falmouth Enterprise. You can also find some in the link below. You might also want to plan to buy as soon as possible. With the same amount as first last and security, you may have enough for a down payment on a small house. If your credit is even reasonable, and you have a job, you will find owning more financially beneficial than renting.
You should be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to start your look sooner than later. Of course beware of some current scams with renting. Some for rent by owners could be loosing their home to foreclosure and trying to rent it anyway for extra money. We also have homes that are only for rent during the winter months and you have to move out once summer arrives. Overall there are some really beuatiful places to rent on Cape Cod. Let me know if you have any questions about the area.
Start looking now. If you want I can email you some properties.
It'd make sense to start searching sooner.

However, there are some properties that are summer-only rentals, and others that are year-round. So the summer-only rentals won't be available in late November . . . but even if you called today, the owner's intent is just to rent through the summer, not year-round.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA