Rentals in Indianapolis>Question Details

kellyj-smith, Renter in Indianapolis, IN

I am moving to Indianapolis, I know nothing about the area. I am 44 and single, my daughter is 13 and will be entering high school.

Asked by kellyj-smith, Indianapolis, IN Wed Jan 9, 2013

We would like to rent and have two small dogs. I would like a cultural vibe, city feel, action, and safety. Any suggested areas?

Answers

8
Mary Jo Brown’s answer
Kelly,

I think you would like the Washington Township area. I am a real estate agent but do not specialize in rentals but know a great company that does. I have referred people to them that have been very happy with the service received. The company is T&H Realty Services and the agent is Claire Holdsworth. Her cell is 317-797-4702 or claire@therealtyinc.com. Good luck with the home search.

Mary Jo Brown
Carpenter Realtors
317-902-3639
Kelly,

Indianapolis is a great city all around, but I really believe the West Side is the place to be. Specifically, Plainfield. We have some of the top schools in the country, and lots of family, outdoor, and food scene activities. Not to mention it is a straight shot to downtown.

Let me know if you need any help!! Good Luck and Welcome to Indy!!

Kord Golliher
Carpenter Realtors
317-430-7885
kgolliher@callcarpenter.com
Have you looked into Washington Township? The area is easily accessible to highways, downtown, Broad Ripple, etc. The schools are usually ranked well in terms of academics and sports. Try http://www.greatschools.org for specific demographic and test information regarding Washington Township (North Central High School). You can also view the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department crime viewer to get information on safety in various locations.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Natalie Hightower
Broker, Realtor
Keller Williams
nchightower@gmail.com
Kelly:

What an exciting time to be moving to Indianapolis! From a blossoming local food and beer scene to an ever-growing arts and cultural environment, there's never been a better time to live in Indianapolis as far as I'm concerned. Not a week goes by when I have to choose among dozens of events. There's no shortage of culture here!

It would be my pleasure to give you a guided tour or the city to help you decide what's best for you and your daughter. I'm a life-long Hoosier, and I've lived in Indianapolis for 22 years. My background is fine arts and Design, and I spend an inordinate amount of time patronizing the arts of this city.

Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience. It'd be a pleasure to help you make Indianapolis your favorite place to live.

Cheers!

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501
joe@joeshoe.com
http://www.facebook.com/joeshoe
http://twitter.com/#!/jojosmojo
pardon the typos...was on my iPhone... :)
Flag Wed Jan 9, 2013
Hi Kelly.

There are many areas of Indianapolis that would give you the feel you are looking for - downtown Indianapolis, Broad Ripple, Carmel in their Art District, Fletcher Place, Fountain Square, Irvington, Meridian Kessler... It's just a matter of where you want to be located (is there a particular school system you are considering?), how far do you want to be from work? As far as safety, there are several crime statistic sites that can provide you with that info and you can determine what you are comfortable with. The other issue is your budget - rents vary greatly by location and rentals are difficult to come by in some areas. Good luck with your move and search - please let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
Kellyj,

Where will you be working? Although Indianapolis is relatively easy to get around in, and I'm tempted to suggest Center Township (downtown) - your daughter and the two dogs have to be considered also. The better high schools are outside Marion County (Indianapolis city), but the recommended side of town will depend on where you'll be employed.

Email me at peter.knight@remax.net with that information and I'll be able to guide you.

Peter Knight
RE/MAX
(317) 529-4178
Broad Ripple for a youthful urban vibe and Zionsville for more of a small-town but active and social vibe and as much safety as you can get. Call me if you'd like to discuss. Jennifer Blandford, Carpenter Realtors. 317-873-5554
I have available rental property close to Lawrence North high school. This is a very safe area but it is not in the city with cultural vibes. Rent is $700/month. You can call me if you would like at 317-558-7807