Rentals in Gilbert>Question Details

Traci Howell, Renter in Nashville, TN

I am looking to rent in the Gilbert area toward the middle of May. How far in advance should I start looking and applying?

Asked by Traci Howell, Nashville, TN Sun Feb 17, 2013

Looking for something $1200 and under with approval for 2 cats. At least a 12 month lease.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3104257897-1855-E-Toledo-St-Gil…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Gilbert

Answers

9
I would start looking now so that you have a good idea of price ranges and availability in the area that you are looking for. You will learn what schools are districted for the neighborhoods you are looking in and then have chance to go visit them as well. That way you will know where you want to be in May and be prepared to enter into a lease about 2-3 week before the time you plan on moving in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 17, 2013
Hi Traci,
My team and I work with renters all the time. In fact if you review some of our feedback on here, you'll see a few of them are from renters. To answer to your question: I could set you up with an auto-search and a "portal" TODAY if you'd like so you get ideas, but really, I'd start looking and applying about 3 week before your move in date. Of course, I'd have questions for YOU, like, are you going to be doing this sight unseen, or fying into town 3 weeks before, or would I be showing it to someone on your behalf who's already here? I have picked out some properties for clients moving here from out of town in the past and they get it sight unseen, though, of course, there's always pictures. And everyone I've done this for has always been extremely happy with my "judgement" for them.
Let me know if I can help. e-mail: MisterRogersHomes@cox.net
Dear Traci:

About 30 days is good. However, if you can move in quickly it is a motivation for a landlord. Most do not like to have the property off the market for a long time. I
I suggest looking 30 days prior to your move... only because rental homes have been going quickly if they are priced well and in good condition. There are lots of beautiful homes here in the Gilbert/East Valley area and I would be happy to assist you in your search. ~Michele Simonis 480 580-7700 cell
Here is a list of rental homes that are showing as active in the MLS in Gilbert under $1200 per month. You should start looking the last week of April.

\\http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/mainmenu.cgi?cmd=url+other/ru…
What you need to know is that landlords will typically not hold their properties for anything longer than two weeks - less in some cases. If you want to acquire/reserve a property for longer than that before your move in, you will just have to start paying in advance - which is fair!
Hi traci, school is out in early May in Gilbert and gets quite hectic!! Everyone wants to get secured in their new home before school starts again in August. If you want to have something by May i suggest you start at least by the first of April and be prepared to accquire property at least by last week of April to ensure you dont loose it by others who can move in asap. Feel free to call or email me and i will be happy to help you find your fit:))

Laurel Puszert
480-239-6322
Laurelpuszert@cox.net
Dear Traci,

Rentals in the Gilbert area are easy to find. When it comes to rentals that take cats are a different story. I do have several investors that own homes and guarantee approval to rent with cats as long as you don't have an eviction and they can verify good source of income.

Most landlords do not want to hold the property for the tenant for a period longer than 2 or 3 weeks. Looking sooner than that will hurt the landlord financially and they will pick another prospective tanant that is moving sooner vs. one that is moving until May.

You can ask for a free list of available rentals to get a feel for the market. Not all homes that are listed as pet friendly accept cats either. I just placed a tenant with two cats and one dog under the same price range in Gilbert. 80% of the MLS homes did not accept her cats. We were still able to find a wonderful home that matches her exact needs and she has able to keep all her furry friends.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

Yamile Hirsh (Shamile)Psy. D, SFR, e-PRO,CLHMS
Real Estate Investor Specialist.
Home Smart Real Estate
2680 S. Val Vista Dr. Suite 101
Gilbert , AZ 85297
myhirsh@gmail.com

Direct: 480-567-2121
Fax: 480-247-3722

http://www.topsellaz.com

"Your partner in Real Estate"

One of the Top 10 Featured Agents by Realtor.com in the East Valley

Multi-million dollar producer

Who is who in Real Estate top 100

http://www.facebook.com/TheHirshRealEstateGroup
Web Reference: http://www.topsellaz.com
Hi Traci,
2-4 weeks in advance is plenty of time. Anything more than that the properties you'll be looking at will most likely be rented out by the time you need it. (Quick turnover on rental properties)