Rentals in 46241>Question Details

Afifa Irani, Renter in

I am looking to rent a house within 20 minutes of downtown in a safe area for less than $1,000/month. Can anyone help?

Asked by Afifa Irani, Mon Jun 11, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 46241

Answers

2
Afifa Irani’s answer
Hi John,

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!

We are looking for a 2bedroom,1-2BA or a 3BD, 2-3BA to share with a roommate. We have to have something pet-friendly as we have one small/med sized dog. And we would love to have a fenced yard for him. We are looking to move in around mid-July to early-August.

For the 2bedroom, we are hoping to pay no more than $600-700, and about $900 for the 3 bedroom. We also do not have appliances and are hoping to get a refrigerator, stove, and washer/dryer, and we are hoping for them to be fairly updated.

We both have cars and prefer to use those instead of taking buses unless we are living in the heart of downtown.

We currently live on the east side with our parents (we are recent college grads), so we are very familiar with the types of neighborhoods on this side of town. In other parts of town, we feel a lot less confident in making those decisions, so I will take a look at that link you gave me when I get off work!

Feel free to email or call me at airani143@gmail.com and 3174301077.

Thank You,
Afifa
Dear Airani143,

I would be happy to answer your question about finding a house to rent close to downtown by setting up a detailed search for you. However, in order to do that I would need answers to the following questions:

1) What requirements do you have besides price? What is you minimum requirement for bedrooms, bathrooms? Do you need special features such as a garage, a basement, fenced in yard, etc?

2) Are you going to take the bus or a car to work?

3) Everyone has different opinions on the safety of a given neighborhood. Let me know which neighborhoods are safe enough for you. The web site http://imaps.indygov.org/publicsafetymaps/ gives crime statistics based on a home’s location.

John Hurlbut
(317) 622-4785